what can i do 2 get more out of my 88 turbo

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry and yea maybe I am a dickhead but this guys fucking retarded, and he can't form a complete thought without mispelled words, slang, or numbers in place of words. Oh and why would you continue modding an engine that you want to swap, thats a waste of money since most of the parts can't be reused on the JZ series engines.

Congratulations You've failed!!!!!!

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Hmmm I didn't know there was a difference, or any kind of performance gain in having a USDM Head and a JDM bottom end, does that mean your head is in better shape than your thourougly abused genuine JDM Bottom end that I'm sure has sat on a dock or in a yard for years before arriving at your high end tuning facility or garage whatever you wanna call it.

You suck and should be banned for being a retard.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
ok, lol sorry. I got the perfect setup, and I'm going to be serious since I was so rude to an obviously needing and possibly handicapped tuner. Get the oil cooler and the intercooler and remove them, the intercooler is way too heavy and the oil cooler actually makes the engine run hotter since it blocks off 22% of the radiator. This will lower your operating temp and save almost 45 pounds of useless weight. remove the piping too and reroute it directly to the 3000 pipe so that the distance to the throttle body is shorter without all that heavy ineffecient piping and halfass facotry intercooler, you'll make almost 9 whp more without it.

Then ya need to take the vaccum line going to the BOV and hook it up to the wastegate, leave the BOV disconnected. The vaccum source actually allows boost to leak, whereas this method does not. Also burn out the gas tank until you have only about a gallon left, then refill the tank with 87 octane and between 5 and 8 cans of "seafoam" (they sell it at hardware stores) this will actually turn the 87 octance into almost 114 octane, you can't do this with 89 or 91 or 93 because it'll increase the rating too much and you won't even fire the car up.

Another power adder that is cheap as hell would be to take a simple saw zaw and cut the facotry DP before the cat, this open exhaust is not dangerours, loud or illegal and when I did it I had a 38 whp gain with no other mods, it was well worth the saw zaw blade I dulled out when I cut it.

If you are worried about the fact you've disconnected the intercooler, just take some dry ice and pack it around your intake, since you'll do that it will be safe to remove the air filter, this allows the cooler air from the dry ice to enter the turbo and air system and cool it better than even a 4 row FMIC could dream of.

Good luck and sorry for my rude comment, these methods are cheap, effective, and reliable. Try them out and post up pics when ya do.

Sorry bro,
Will ;)

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
Wills7MGTE said:
ok, lol sorry. I got the perfect setup, and I'm going to be serious since I was so rude to an obviously needing and possibly handicapped tuner. Get the oil cooler and the intercooler and remove them, the intercooler is way too heavy and the oil cooler actually makes the engine run hotter since it blocks off 22% of the radiator. This will lower your operating temp and save almost 45 pounds of useless weight. remove the piping too and reroute it directly to the 3000 pipe so that the distance to the throttle body is shorter without all that heavy ineffecient piping and halfass facotry intercooler, you'll make almost 9 whp more without it.

Then ya need to take the vaccum line going to the BOV and hook it up to the wastegate, leave the BOV disconnected. The vaccum source actually allows boost to leak, whereas this method does not. Also burn out the gas tank until you have only about a gallon left, then refill the tank with 87 octane and between 5 and 8 cans of "seafoam" (they sell it at hardware stores) this will actually turn the 87 octance into almost 114 octane, you can't do this with 89 or 91 or 93 because it'll increase the rating too much and you won't even fire the car up.

Another power adder that is cheap as hell would be to take a simple saw zaw and cut the facotry DP before the cat, this open exhaust is not dangerours, loud or illegal and when I did it I had a 38 whp gain with no other mods, it was well worth the saw zaw blade I dulled out when I cut it.

If you are worried about the fact you've disconnected the intercooler, just take some dry ice and pack it around your intake, since you'll do that it will be safe to remove the air filter, this allows the cooler air from the dry ice to enter the turbo and air system and cool it better than even a 4 row FMIC could dream of.

Good luck and sorry for my rude comment, these methods are cheap, effective, and reliable. Try them out and post up pics when ya do.

Sorry bro,
Will ;)

..........:D

white2j89

Jan 13, 2007
ny
ok ok 4 people the don't know how 2 read i got apr head studs,1.4 metal head gasket,550 inj,lexus maf,3inc down pipe,3 inc exhaust no cats,n1 exhaust,us spec head,jdm bottom end,fuel regulator,act 6 puck,greedy timming belt,hks ssq blow off value ,4 washers behind the waste gate (the car had f con n it but was takn out when was sold 2 me) so what else i need

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! You're just using HORRIBLE grammar, bad spelling, and are simply bastardizing of the english language. "AIM speak", "internet speak" or whatever the fuck people call it, is for 14 year olds. 14 year olds cannot drive, and thus have no place on a car forum. Grow up, communicate like a mature adult and we'll stop giving you shit. Until then, quit saying the damn thing. Infact, quit saying ANYTHING until you figure out how to use the english language.

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
to save yourself some trouble, there is a "Search" button at the top of the forum. Click on it, and type upgrades, or something like that. Click on what the forum gives you...... we've talked about staged upgrades a lot. Don't really ask questions until you come to a point where your question is specific enough that you need advice from the older guys...... for example..... cutting off your dp, and taking off your intercooler..... even though its bad, horrible, sick and demented advice, its still advice. Good luck, and try not to gernade your engine!

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
White2j89: Read the entire forum.

To all the others with less than nice things to say. Please don't make this site unenjoyable for the rest of us. If you don't have something nice to say. Then just don't respond.

JZ_killa_t68

Fartknocker
Jun 19, 2005
Sin City
7MsuprO said:
:nono: to this thread

Original poster: 1)Search 2)Do maintenence first 3)Search more 4)Do mods 5)TUNE CAR 6)Learn to Spell

JustAnotherVictim said:

Actually, I tried to do a search for gud turbo, and 3inc muffler, and I didn't get any results, so I moved #6 to #1, but idk, im not vry gud at dis eeder. mebbe iz jus 2 old 2 get in2 the whole myspace tmobile talk.

Dude, you need to spell shit out-especially if you want anyone to respect you and help you out. None of this 7th grade myspace whose you best friend send this to 742.5 people or you will die shit. Get a life, and pay attention in english/grammar class. take extra notes if you have to, it may really pay off in life sometime.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I've always found the best way to get more power or be happier is to get some pussy, but then again I don't get out much.

P.S. is gotttttts az ice cream sanwitch ne 1 hun gry yo mad skillz