What are you reading?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
DsBetterHalf;1348498 said:
Get your books yet, Starscream?

I'm halfway through A Clash of Kings, by George R. R. Martin. Second book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. I can't believe I waited so long to read these - they are great.

Not yet, monies tight, I'm still on the book above (not much time to ready anymore), plus I have around 40 unread novels to tackle next ;).

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Finished the available George R. R. Martin books.... awesome series, loved every single book, but am highly unhappy with the author. The last book in the series was supposed to be published in 2006. For the last few months, it's been saying December 2009. Now it's been pushed back yet ANOTHER year to March of 2010. ::screams and pulls out hair::

Now I'm reading Cast in Silence, which is the 5th book in the Chronicles of Elantra, by Michelle Sagara. Love the books, I hope more are coming! :)

Next will be The Time Traveler's Wife, since I like to read the books before seeing the movie.

And speaking of movies, I can't WAIT until October 16th - they finally made a movie for Where the Wild Things Are. YAY!!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Man, I forgot about this thread!

Since I last posted, I've read "The Crimson Shadow" Omnibus by RA Salvatore and am currently on the last book in the Omnibus of "The Belgariad" by David Eddings. He's got a different writing style than I'm used to, but it's nothing major, plus he weaves a good tale!

Edit: On "The Crimson Shadow" series, it was okay, but I don't really recommend anyone to jump and buy the book. Bob wrote the books as if he was in a hurry to get them over with and was trying to compact series of events that were happening in a couple of paragraphs. Overall, I was dissapointed in this book, definitely not the kind of work you would expect from such a well known author...

Last edited:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I really need to get the WoT series, but I'm weird and don't want to read it until it's done. Any release date on the next book yet? I understand another author is taking Robert's place, but I don't know how far into the book they've gotten...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Nissan - SR20DET wiring diagrams

Innovate Motorsports - LC1 wiring diagrams ;)

(bet you'll never guess what I'm doing to the S13 down at the shop! LOL)

canadian_psyko

Jan 3, 2008
Surrey, BC
WoT: being finished by Brandon Sanderson, 'book 12' is actually going to be 3 books. The first one, The Gathering Storm, is being released October 27th.

Last edited:

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Supracentral;1408412 said:
The off topic section of supramania.com

Damn these people are fucked up...

Just ordered "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" by Hunter S. Thompson last night love the movie, I bet the book will be even better.

Haha.

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Reading The Prodigal Mage, by Karen Miller. It's the third book in her Mage chronicles. It's also *technically* the first book in the second series, but it follows the ending of the second book. Either way, really good books.