What are you guys missing in parts/service/manufacturing support for the MK3 Chassis?

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
Read that thread before I guess I misread the plug and play haha :/ I thought you had to solder the lights in.

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
Aftermarket QUALITY Targa Seals.
Aftermarket QUALITY Gasket Kits (especially for us 1JZ guys!)
Aftermarket R154 Speed Sensors! (one that I think most of us would want!)
Quality Tail Light Gaskets
+1 on the TTR Lip with functional brake ducts

That's what I can think of at the moment.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
At the moment I would say focus on parts that are no longer available from Toyota before trying to do replica parts that still exist. Targa seals, tail lights and tail light gaskets can all still be purchased from Toyota. Maybe buy a set of them so you have them when they're no longer available to copy or something, but there is plenty of stuff that's no longer available that should be focused on.

Jeff

BajaMKIII

Aug 27, 2013
Tijuana
reproduction mk2 style rear sun shade spoilers (the larger one) that would be direct fitment for the mk3. In CF, molded or fiberglass, that would only require minor drilling to the rear window trim for installation.

SlimLim

May 21, 2006
Australia
Some of the parts suggested can already be bought, like skid plates, and full adjustable tubular suspension arms. Most of the parts like hatch trims a can still be bought from toyota. Do you guys not know they are available, or do you not like the price of the existing available options?

I would like LED tailights in stock design that match the centre piece (unless you make a different centre piece). I wouldn't mind something a design a bit more 'newer' in finish though. I would also like to see chassis bracing running the length of the car similar to the mk4 supra Doluck design.

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
i road race my supras and one thing i would love to see is a cf or fg undertray that is slightly modded to scoop up a little more air from the air passing underneath it and shoving it through the radiator. and also maybe some sort of aluminium, cf, fg piece that fits in the fog light location that you could hook up a small hose that cools the brakes, or anything you want to direct it on, i.e turbo, header ect.

this sounds more practical and desired than anything else imo. just my 2 pents

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Like most of the ideas in here. Would like to add a set of smoked/normal rear lights that are all the same damn color. Every pair (10+) of 89+ lights I've had have had an off color center section and it drives me insane! Would like to see some smoked lights that match the smoked clear fronts/side markers already available in addition to a set of normal matching rears.

On that note (and encompassing the pop up delete idea above), some modded running lights with HIDs
No goofy looking mods that replace/fit into the stock pop up housings, but into the running light location. Something I've been thinking about doing for years and never got around to.

Would also like to see T4 manifolds. Even if you literally just took eBay chinafolds and did the necessary mods and reinforcements to make them not suck. As much as I'm sure everyone would like to run RPS/F1 style manifolds, paying 1600 for a part when you can spend $200 for the same result is a pretty tough sell for many people.

As mentioned above oil cooler kits that are bolt on affairs would be nice. On a similar note a 1.5JZ kit would probably be a slam dunk as well. Timing belt, idler, sandwich plate with two ports for oil gauge/feed line and a drain flange with included lines and an extender piece for the water neck (seeing as most people who go this route use NA blocks AND most of this would be applicable to NA-T guys).

Preconfigured bolt on IC and pipe setups. For example, a single turbo JZ car needs two IC pipes. A 7M/ NA-T 2J without an FFIM needs three. Not everyone has access to a welder and this is usually a PITA to get perfect anyway. Weld a small bead around the ends to help keep the couplers from blowing, add quality couplers and clamps along with it. Include a choice of BOV flange and bovs. You could sell these with the manifolds and oil lines mentioned above and either supply the turbos so its a complete kit or allow people to source their own.

Fuel system upgrade kits. Billet pump holder assembly (single or dual) with -8 or -10 fittings already installed, premade feed line/ lines with fittings and filters up to the rails. Wiring upgrades. Bolt on ready to go packages for 500/750/1000, E85 compatible, etc. Pump holder assembly could be done in two pieces, have the cap made and a pump holder rod that screws into it. Would make them massively cheaper and easier to make.

Transmission adapters. 7M, JZ and UZ to GM and VQ(350Z six speed in particular) with any and all required hardware.

A whale tail/rear lip spoiler as mentioned above. Something a little less aggressive on the sides, three piece that bolts into the stock location + some type of gasket to keep it from leaking.

Many of these options would benefit more than just MK3s as well which is never a bad thing.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Turbo manifolds?

The correct statement is a cheaper alternative turbo manifold.

Full-race can do a custom one no problem. Except it is not inexpensive but quality is bar none.

Personally T4 is dated. V-Clamps is better.

Ron used to make them. but again, QUALITY cost. Open your check book folks.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
That's why I was saying modified chinafolds. They would sell 10 modded cheapies for every one custom one.