What are you guys missing in parts/service/manufacturing support for the MK3 Chassis?

THMotorsports

SM,

Just opening up a random discussion of interest on what it is that you guys need for:

- Parts (what parts would you like to see made, what is lacking?)
- Service (vendors, warranty support, manufacture support)
- Manufacturing (etiquette, process...etc...)

We are a vendor on here but we are not here to sell in this thread. Just trying to get some feedback from all of you and where SM constituents are at with these things.

Thank you!!

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Hmm available parts.. Replacement body panels would be nice.

I'd like to see some aftermarket kits made to change the rear end is wanting to. Such as ford rear end swaps. Head light kits would be nice to see as well. I know there are some suspension swaps like upper control arms that are aftermarket.

So a list might be like..

Body panels
Taillights
Headlights
Rear end swaps
Suspension upgrades
Stronger sub-frames

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I like the headlight kit idea, I'm not planning on doing this soon but by the time the kits come out I probably would be. Sounds like too much work to retrofit your own.

HIRO MKIII body kit, I can't find the pieces for this anywhere lol

aftermarket foglight brackets? I know one of mine is hooped but it would be cool to have a kit you could angle properly and I see people retrofit the little round lexus ones you could go with different options easier this way.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I don't know if this is something that you guys could do, but floormats would be cool. I think a lot of people probably need them too. My driver side one is getting torn up and I would like to get factory replicas with the correct color and the MK3 Supra logo, but I don't think I can get any as of now.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Silver MK3;1985706 said:
I don't know if this is something that you guys could do, but floormats would be cool. I think a lot of people probably need them too. My driver side one is getting torn up and I would like to get factory replicas with the correct color and the MK3 Supra logo, but I don't think I can get any as of now.

I want bride or recaro mat's. I know they do make brides for the MKIII but no clue about recaro

Silent Deatz

made in Germany
Jul 21, 2006
Zurich
www.supra-forum.de
Silver MK3;1985706 said:

that would be awesome!

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
sounds weird, but a affordable FFIM for the 7m, something that is simple bolt on, with the CSI, and the EGR, so that more people have the ability to get into such things on even a stock ECU.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Those plastic 7M wiring harness holders that go just behind the timing cover. It seems like 99% of cars have them missing.

Also, the long and thin A/C line that goes from the firewall to the condenser. All used and really tough to find a decent one.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
A fiberglass front fender (NOT flared, stock) would be great. I hate looking for used ones and the only new ones you can buy are the flared fenders, which would look weird by themselves.

Bolt on front brake kit that fits under a 16" rim.

+1 on replacement exterior trim, I have a set I bought from a groupbuy here so I don't need any but 90% of owners do.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
emiliorescigno;1985751 said:
Those plastic 7M wiring harness holders that go just behind the timing cover. It seems like 99% of cars have them missing.

Also, the long and thin A/C line that goes from the firewall to the condenser. All used and really tough to find a decent one.

^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^^ id buy one if i saw one avail for a decent price (dont care if its different than stock, just want something cleaner than...nothing)

projector headlights/foglights.
suspension (any and everything possible, id like to get more steering angle...not for drifting...well sort of "drifting")
cheap cheap big brake kit (maybe something like just a caliper bracket and then we can use the parts stores for the rest)
cheap cheap ffim (prefer to keep a/c at all costs)
standard gauge panel to go in the ashtray opening (might squeeze 2 gauges in there) voltage/coolant temp if it were my decision to choose
FUCKING CUP HOLDERS!!! ive seen the bmw style where the guy shimmed it with wood in our center console and it was nearly stock looking. something like that maybe, grippy enough for redbull and mcdonalds

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
1. Drop in Headlight replacements. High quality and road safe (not necessarily DOT approved or anything, just non-glare, non-dueche bag headlights)
2. Reproduction taillights. Just like factory is fine, but LED would be great.
3. Certified (thoroughly tested) used CPS units. Tested and/or rebuilt. These are tough for the average DIY guy to rebuild and ungodly expensive to buy new ($650 and up)
4. Two Piece Aluminum/steel Driveshaft. I've been working with DriveShaft Shop for over a year trying to get one made. Mine still isn't done and may never get finished at this pace.
5. Interior panel skins. Leather, Alcantara
6. Targa holder trim pieces. I have a broken one and they aren't available anymore.
7. JZA70 style lip with functional brake ducts. Currently these are tough to source from Toyota or used.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
AbsoluteSpeed;1985819 said:
A quality T4 manifold for the 7M. One that doesn't need modification to fit a mk3.

A reproduction TTR front lip or something similar.

And (I know I beat this to death in an old thread) a rear lip spoiler.
About 10 of these got made before the thread go locked and as far as I know the user decided not to make anymore.
Pictures courtesy of mr_aku on Instagram
http://instagram.com/p/geCmacsYo1/
http://instagram.com/p/eQ6LwZsYh5/
http://instagram.com/p/eNpU61sYrk/

X2- This for sure.