What are you guys missing in parts/service/manufacturing support for the MK3 Chassis?

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
AbsoluteSpeed;1985819 said:
A quality T4 manifold for the 7M. One that doesn't need modification to fit a mk3.

A reproduction TTR front lip or something similar.

And (I know I beat this to death in an old thread) a rear lip spoiler.
About 10 of these got made before the thread go locked and as far as I know the user decided not to make anymore.
Pictures courtesy of mr_aku on Instagram
http://instagram.com/p/geCmacsYo1/
http://instagram.com/p/eQ6LwZsYh5/
http://instagram.com/p/eNpU61sYrk/

Yep.

Btw, Jarvis makes very nice trunk lips in carbon and fiberglass.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I can certainly appreciate a thread like this. There seem to be two camps of Mk3 owners/fans:

-Those who would beat them up and tear them to pieces, then pass them on to the next guy, who tends to be...

-Those who would fix them up, restore them, modify them in their own way, etc...

I tend to fall in between camps, but from a business perspective side, it makes sense to sell things to both the breakers and the fixers, right? :)

Myself, I'd dig a set of factory tail lights converted to LED. Nothing that would look fancy or out of place, just a bit brighter and quicker to respond, and would otherwise look 100% stock. There's a reason you don't see Vatozone clear tail lights for our cars. :p

mk3supralove

Sep 14, 2012
Kelowna
-Definitely a rear lip spoiler, preferably fibreglass (cheaper)
-Rear diffuser
-Fibreglass replacement panels, fb doors would be nice
-LHD floor mats
-Reinforced rear sub frame
-Maybe a lightweight targa panel
-Aftermarket oil cooler and oil filter relocation with hoses and AN fittings as one whole kit

That's all I can think off right now

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
+1 to refinished led tail lights
+1 to embroidered supra floor mats oem replica, or ttr recaro replica mats.
Pre 89 carbon fiber fx replica lip
A few choices for subframe bushings, poly in a few compounds
A targa x brace for hauling ass topless

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
definitely down for poly bushings (all of them)
t4 manifold that fits (divided)
solid axle swap would be good
front splitter w/ undertray
adaptors for other brake calipers/rotors

Communistwookie

Jul 5, 2013
Dallas, TX
emiliorescigno;1985920 said:
I like the suggestion of a pre-89 lip that isn't totally gawdy (like the only ShineAuto one that is available)

I'd like a OEM type lip for my 89 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

THMotorsports

This is very good information guys. THMotorsports is trying to find what you guys need instead of us throwing sales and deals at you. While you may use us or other vendors as a resource for your vehicles, we just wanted a better sense of things from your end. Being a MKIII owner myself, you guys have surely mentioned some things that hit home with me personally as well.

Keep'em coming!

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
+1 for someone making replacement rear tail lights. And drop in headlights to eliminate the pop ups would be great too. Basically any of these stock replacement parts that are no longer available anymore, and getting harder to find good used ones. Like ...
DOOR HANDLES

SiberianDVM

Dec 31, 2013
Augusta, GA
Race specific stuff, organized into kits so we don't have to spend days trying to figure out what might work. Right now I have to buy or fabricate (and I'm not sure what will fit):

Oil cooler kit
Accusump with electric valve
Baffled oil pan
Oil catch can

Many more to follow.............

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
bloodasp90;1985742 said:
sounds weird, but a affordable FFIM for the 7m, something that is simple bolt on, with the CSI, and the EGR, so that more people have the ability to get into such things on even a stock ECU.

Exactly what I was I going to say. I'd love a sethron manifold, but it's just not in the budget. A manifold that could be used with the stock Ecu, throttle body and cable, or included a cable, I would order in a heartbeat.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
JDMMA70;1985704 said:
Reproduction Interior Panels, and Exterior Moulding, Tailights, etc.

Yes but in black, and GOOD speaker mounts, for the stock locations like 6 1/2 which can produce base out of the enclosure. Same with the back.....

New way to seal the targa... diffrent seals or something. new material

Aluminum front and rear subframe!

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Zazzn;1986907 said:
Yes but in black, and GOOD speaker mounts, for the stock locations like 6 1/2 which can produce base out of the enclosure. Same with the back.....

New way to seal the targa... diffrent seals or something. new material

Aluminum front and rear subframe!

My interior is blue so i say provide options for colors

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
MODIFIED CAST FRONT KNUCKLES WHICH MAKES THE TIE ROD MOUNTING ARM SHORTER TO IMPROVE THE STEERING ANGLE.

just glanced at the posts so I don't know if someone might have suggested this yet. I say cast because I would be a little uneasy running modified welded knuckles which might crack.

maxburn

Jan 12, 2014
Iowa
+1 for the FFIM, a-pillars, and I'd really buy a dash with led back lights without custom modding required with stock gauges and body moldings/trim

Last edited: