What am Sky??

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
p1671664_1.jpg

What is this wire? Can't seem to make any sense of it. It is a yellow wire with a black stripe. looks like it went somewhere behind the cam cover....

any input would be greatly appreciated.

and by "this wire" I mean the one that doesn't have anything attached to it....

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well........I want that to be working....doesn't need to work to make the car run...but...oil is only a little important....

any ideas on where the wire clips up to? it looked like it was under the cylinder head, behind the cam cover...but I would really love to not have to take the head off. I just need to put in new rods....got new pistons as well....eagle/wiseco, .20 over. going to have the block bored a wee bit...

how does fix?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
lol, oh god... You have to remove the head.. And if the motor spun rod bearings then the block needs to be cleaned, decked and checked for damage on the cyl walls.. Needs a new crank shaft or needs to be ground and cleaned pulling the plugs out in it and used undersized bearings.. Head needs to be decked, new head gasket. You can not pull the rods and pistons out through the bottom.. They have to be removed from the top.. And since it spun a bearing you have metal contaminates all throughout the engine.. Why am I even wasting my time..

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
I don't think any bearings went out, I have been saying this....there has been absolutely ZERO metal shavings in any and all liquids I have drained from the car. None I could see with my eyes, a light, nor a magnet I drug across the bottom of the container I drained them into. It is only one bad connecting rod.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
91blackeye;1672232 said:
I don't think any bearings went out, I have been saying this....there has been absolutely ZERO metal shavings in any and all liquids I have drained from the car. None I could see with my eyes, a light, nor a magnet I drug across the bottom of the container I drained them into. It is only one bad connecting rod.

Of course you do realise Bearing Material is Non Ferrous..... i.e. NOT magnetic.... :nono:

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
IJ.;1672234 said:
Of course you do realise Bearing Material is Non Ferrous..... i.e. NOT magnetic.... :nono:

IJ, with my clevittes I was able to pick the bearing up with a magnet, if the damage is severe enough I would think it would be likely that a magnet could attract some material, either from the bearing or the crank journal.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
Well, magnetic or not, I did also just sift through the oil from the pan when I drained it with my bear hands. The only bits of metal anything was a few itty bitty clumps of rust from the radiator from the previous owner not using distilled water and slightly rusting the thermostat....

s0o0o0o..... yeah.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
it dont look like yolu have BEAR hands, but you do have BARE hands.

the oil pressue sender is by the the oil filter, below number 2 exasut port by the turbo.

if your having the block bored over the head has to come off. and its much much easier to install new pistons from the top down, rather than the bottom up.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Compare the wiring with one of you many other supra's dude, it so easy. Park all three of them side by side and check them against each other. It would be so easy that way. For a guy that has owned so many supra's this seems to be obvious. Why not put the 2jz in here that you were going to use back when you were a girl.