well looks like I am going the other way!

Brandongunter08

Nov 17, 2009
Efffingham IL
So went by my old school those of you who are from around here Lake Land College. They had an RX7 for sale so now I start payments monday should be mine in a month. Doesn't run but it is a 5 speed and I figured someone could help me on here or join a RX7 forum.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Um.... dude.... I am not going to piss on your leg and tell you its raining, BUT why buy a car that is not running and you have to make payments on it?? ALSO an RX7?? You are looking for help here in a TOYOTA SUPRA group??? I am completely confused or I am getting to old. :3d_frown: Good luck anyway.

Brandongunter08

Nov 17, 2009
Efffingham IL
It is an N/A but right now it want to run for a daily driver and make my truck my project.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

IJ.;1560454 said:
Yet you're doing a swap? :nono:

No not yet later on down the road.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
No not yet later on down the road.

I never understand this. Some people plan waaaaaaayyy too far ahead. It's fine to dream big, but be realistic. Are you planning on making double or triple what you make now? Are you inheriting an estate? How are you planning to go from not being able to pay $500 for a car upfront to doing a swap that will cost TEN TIMES that if done correctly?!

It's none of my business, but I just dont get it.

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
My little brother does this, he has two trucks and three cars that are all project cars. Its best to have one project at a time, quality not quantity. Just my advice but do whatever you want.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
suprarx7nut;1562052 said:
I never understand this. Some people plan waaaaaaayyy too far ahead. It's fine to dream big, but be realistic. Are you planning on making double or triple what you make now? Are you inheriting an estate? How are you planning to go from not being able to pay $500 for a car upfront to doing a swap that will cost TEN TIMES that if done correctly?!

It's none of my business, but I just dont get it.

My point exactly, in that situation I'd buy a DD like a Geo Metro and enjoy "driving" and pass on building anything until I sorted my life out and could afford it.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
An Rx7 that doesn't run. More than likely it has too many miles, and not enough oil changes. Apex seals are probably shot, so it probably needs a rebuild. Forget that pile(unless you like torture), and get a civic, corrola, or even a cavalier. At least they'll run for a while, and are no where near as high maintenance.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
i bought a 1989 toyota supra that sat for six years with no oil pan and lets just say needed a shit ton of work.i had to have it because the interior was so clean.i am kicking myself now because i realised i screwed my self.my dad constantly told to buy a DD and i was like fuck that i want a supra for my first car.so jus like a good parent he says i told you so every day.but when i tell someone i have a supra and they get excited.........its all worth it.
plus itll built not bought.so it all works out in the end i guess.