WeezLWing's Targa Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there...

I was thinking about these the other day and was wondering how they have worked out for those of you that purchased them.

Please post comments good or bad about it and pics of your supras with them on.

Do they look good?

How is the handling after installation of the brace?

Thanks!

Patti V.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
I still have to get mine powdercoated, but it functions perfectly. When installed, there is zero body flex. I left mine on for most of the summer last year, it was great!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Patti, They are no longer available, but could be found if you wait long enough for a used one to pop up. I don't think Pete made that many of them. He's back on here a bit, and I am pretty sure he's back in Oregon. Maybe if there was enough call for it, he would consider making more, but I doubt it. From what I've seen a used one may cost you more than the original. That could be a testament of how good it is.

ForcedTorque;1002694 said:
Patti, They are no longer available, but could be found if you wait long enough for a used one to pop up. I don't think Pete made that many of them. He's back on here a bit, and I am pretty sure he's back in Oregon. Maybe if there was enough call for it, he would consider making more, but I doubt it. From what I've seen a used one may cost you more than the original. That could be a testament of how good it is.

I am not looking for one. I have hardtop. But back when I did own a Targa I remember the car used to feel like it was going to snap in two pieces.... Anywho... The Targa Brace would have been awesome for me back in 91...lol.

And more importantly... I wanted to read about how good it turned out and what the members were doing with and to them...lol to customize them to personalities ect...

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
I love mine. It completly eliminated the flex & loose ride I exprienced every time I removed the Targa. Worth every penny & I wouldn't sell it for anything close to what I bought it for. These are pics of when I 1st got it & test fit it W/O bolting it on. Mine is a 2nd gen. production.

753294_105.jpg

753294_107.jpg

DigityD'87

Feb 27, 2008
Portsmouth, NH
That looks so nice. And could be easily made from the looks of it. Wish i could have taken the top off my old targa to add my two cents but it was rusted shut like everything else. Lol

CPT Furious

Now MAJ FURY!
Mar 30, 2005
KDOV
The Weezl Wing is probably one of the best things I bought for the car. Perfect fitment, no flex, open air feel...awesome!

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
yes please more pics. does it fit in your targa holders in the hatch when not in use? I've wanted a targa brace for many years now.
I've posted multiple times in becauseicans parts wanted thread with replies on yes, eventually, and its been like 2 years with no targa brace yet. any chance i could buy the patent on it if there is one and start turning a couple of these out? I'm sure it would be a little different with my personal touch tho. the hardest part would be figuring how to bolt it on.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have one of the first ones made and I still love it. I'll have to go digging around for pictures though.

Here you go.

p1003482_1.jpg

Here's another one, but you can barely see the WW.
p1003482_2.jpg

Last edited:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Kckazdude;1003480 said:
Maybe one day the creator will have enough interest to make some more.

I have actually been considering this possibility for late spring/early summer. I dont even know if my fabricator can or would even do it again. They were a real pain in both out asses, lol. They are more complicated to make than they look.

But that discussion doesnt belong in this thread, so back to the OP's question.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I've had some interst in one of my spares by a couple of people and though I love these alot, I really only need 1. I have not been able to find the original group buy threads, so that I can decide on fair pricing.

I even have a set of the original Dean Marcum targa bars.

Anyways I want to be fair, but also know that these are going to be produced again for awhile.

Can someone point me to original threads or have a REALLY good idea what the 1st gen one would be worth now? I did not want to just stick up on Ebay or anything.

Primered both and am getting ready to paint black.

Thanks,
E

Last edited:

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Satan;1255929 said:
I've had some interst in one of my spares by a couple of people and though I love these alot, I really only need 1. I have not been able to find the original group buy threads, so that I can decide on fair pricing.

I even have a set of the original Dean Marcum targa bars.

Anyways I want to be fair, but also know that these are going to be produced again for awhile.

Can someone point me to original threads or have a REALLY good idea what the 1st gen one would be worth now? I did not want to just stick up on Ebay or anything.

Primered both and am getting ready to paint black.

Thanks,
E

$200-300 easy. He goes by "Facime," now. Search his name, or you could ask him.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I have one and it works great.. I can't imagine having the targa off anymore without the brace on.

I have a corvette now with a targa, so I'm selling mine in perfect condition..

Status
Not open for further replies.