Weapon R Cold Air Intake

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I wouldn't worry about that Turbo Hananero as you can just rotate it and face it towards the bumper instead of down. Even with my stock piping that is what i have to do. Plus there is room to cut the 90 degree pipe as you need.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Looks nice, but I'd be afraid to drive the thing when it gets wet outside. I'd make sure all my under body panels were in place for sure!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1758819 said:
Looks nice, but I'd be afraid to drive the thing when it gets wet outside. I'd make sure all my under body panels were in place for sure!

I can't drive my car in the rain anyways....

Last Saturday i ended up using a straw to suck out all of the water out of the 1-2 spark plug galley :( needless to say i wasn't smart and in a hurry and burned my mouth pretty good lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

Jay C;1758774 said:
I wouldn't worry about that Turbo Hananero as you can just rotate it and face it towards the bumper instead of down. Even with my stock piping that is what i have to do. Plus there is room to cut the 90 degree pipe as you need.

Ill have to check it out more then thanks for the info

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1758890 said:
I can't drive my car in the rain anyways....

Last Saturday i ended up using a straw to suck out all of the water out of the 1-2 spark plug galley :( needless to say i wasn't smart and in a hurry and burned my mouth pretty good lol

Get a turkey baster, a small one, fairly long worked best for me. Turkey tasted like crap though. :p

Why are you ending up with water in your spark plug galley?

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Here are some pics of the 7MGE AFM adaptor that i modified.

Attachments

• IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 25

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
/\/\ Just a word of advice on the adaptor, THAT adaptor wont work because it will disturb air flow to the Karman vortex and buck like crazy under boost from the improper flow. The "mistubishi" adaptor if you look at it carefully transitions the air from a circular flow to square flow, via the change in shape in the bore and the chanels in the corner of the adaptor to flow air to the full grid of the Karman vortex. And so what if its 4"? Thats why the 4-3 couple is included, I do hope they included it. Lately there at Weapon R it seemed they didnt know what parts went in with their own kits. It had to end up being 4" in order to get an adaptor that flows the air CORRECTLY to the Karman Vortex. This was indeed a carefully engineered and designed product for functionality, and thats how had to be

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Thanks for the advice Grimsta. Ive had it on the car like that now for about 3 months and have never had a single buck, or any other disturbance (atleast not one that was noticeable). I can see your point though about the air transition causing disturbance/turbulance. Hmm i may just get my Lex AFM sooner and run with the Lex electronics as ive seen several for sale that come with filter adaptors.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hmm thats wierd Turbo as i havent had a single one. It looks like several of the filter adaptors that ive seen for the Lex Afm's also have circular intakes. Hmm.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Jay- oh your not on a Lexus? That may be it then, I developed it on my car with the Lexus adaptor, maybe a round one will work ok on a stock 7M MAF. All i know is every round adaptor of any kind I ever tried on it made it buck like crazy

On those other round adaptors like the Apexi one for example, you see it starts off round, but also transitions into a square pattern

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I'm running a Weapon R filter; but, I'm speed density so fitment isn't an issue.

I can't speak for it's filtration; but, flow seems to be on par with the K&N and AEM Dryflow I was running previously. I am totally comparing and basing that on how loud my turbo is when it spools up. And buddy.......you'd think a Boeing was flying overhead when she spools!

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
LOL. The quality of the pieces (welds, connectors, clamps, etc.) however, the pipes need to be trimmed down to fit at least i had to but maybe they sent me one with the AFM delete or something. I had to cut both pipes and move my AFM's location to get it to work.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Kenny what do you want to see pics of? You can see from the before and after pictures in the first post that the AFM moved. The first pipe had to be cut a bit but not much. The second 90 deg pipe had to be cut a few times because it kept hitting my stock IC pipe. However, i am swaping to aftermarket hard pipes which should arrive on Monday and may then have to readjust it again. I am also thinking of relocating my PS resevoir which will free up some room to change the angle.