Weapon R CAI

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Dang you are lucky or something.. Someone from Weapon R just joined the forums the other day. Look in the intro thread.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
personally, i think $200 is a LOT of money for a couple of pipes and a few couplers. you'd be best to make your own, and it would certanly be cheaper.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
lol, I have it. It's ok I guess. I don't really notice anything.

I'm not keeping it for long though. I'm replacing the front of it with a 3 inch part, this way I can actually get full use of this intake (it goes 2.5 ---> 3 inch, but the 2.5 is only a short part of it), and because I'm replacing the front of it, I'm replacing it with a free K&N Filter i'm getting.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
shaeff said:
personally, i think $200 is a LOT of money for a couple of pipes and a few couplers. you'd be best to make your own, and it would certanly be cheaper.

Yeah I've already got most of the parts to make my own but I just saw this one online and was wondering about it...

And thanks again BlackMKIII

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
The one BlackMKIII made with Pepboys parts is cheaper. WAY cheaper and there is a write up for it somewhere. And i bet you it will funcion the same way.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
I forgot to add, I probably could have done it myself if I wasn't lazy at the time. IMO, not worth the 200 bucks :(

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
I had a weapon-r dragon intake many years ago on my Grand AM. Back then I paid 165 and even then realized weapon-r isn't a bad brand, they aren't great either. From a cost standpoint they are way over priced. They claim dyno gains, yet I have never seen a true dyno sheet from them. Not saying their fraud, personally I see to believe. I owned an AEM next which was a few dollars more than my old weapon-r and from a quality stand point they are definetly two different intakes. I won't be purchasing another weapon-r in the future, I'd take my chances making my own intake just due to the materials weapon-r uses. They seem to break fairly quick and easy.