water to air intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Ij has/had a nice setup...From what I understand they are pretty wicked if you do it right...you can pack the res with dry ice for extra cooling etc...they don't heatsoak threw stop and go traffic...lots of great things about them but the look like a real pain to set up!

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
87tomanymods;1233234 said:
pics would be great geanstar thanks . I found a whole kit w/ intercooler rad fan and pump for just under $300

you have to remember you have to custom fit which will be more money. i think a proper setup is definitely worth the money. just make sure what you are buying is top notch. dont want it to fail on you.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I was checking out some of precisionturbo.net's set ups earlier. It may be a little more expensive but definitely worth it. The Supercharged cobalts came with a stock water to air intercooler. A lot of them used to upgrade to cobra heat exchangers to increase their efficiency. I had a 2.4L SS, so I don't know the specifics, I wasn't supercharged.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
super.secret.supra.club;1233391 said:
ive been thinking about this but, dont know what the set up looks like with the sup being a DD in san diego, heat soak becomes a problem.

ed.d.

They shine in heatsoak conditions and are so much better than A2A for it.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
87tomanymods;1233843 said:
I.J. would you say a cheap water to air set up is better than a name brand air to air.

I know you're asking IJ and all, but you'd have to be a complete moron to not be able to design a better/more efficient W/A setup then A/A

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Pump looks cheap and crappy and the pressure drop figures are suspect but the rest looks fine in that kit.

I WOULDN'T be mounting the IC in the Engine Bay though, I'd take the slight hit from longer pipes and get it out the front somewhere cool.

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
I am making a fiber glass hood that will have a much larger cowl and heat extractors. I was thinking of puting it above the valve covers w/ a kevlar heat sheild between. This way it would be up in the cowl and constantly being cooled by all the extra air flow. Plus that way it wolnt need any pipes at all just 2 90deg silicone elbows.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Rob: Yep to me it's just stupid to put something cooling related in the heat of the engine bay if you don't need to, it could easily be recessed into the front Bumper Reo so it doesn't affect airflow to the rest of the cooling and is away from the bay.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Considering your supra already looks like a dodge neon I think it may be best if you leave the custom body work to someone who isn't smokeing crack.

This is depressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.