walked a Cobra!

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Perhaps he missed shifted :p.

Other than that it was still a kill.

There's that saying (90% of the time it's the owner, not the car)

Last edited:

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Quin;1752362 said:
Okay so... Maybe I'm not done lol

First off, read better. Second, non intercooled S trim cars have gotten into the 10s, so yeah, they can trap over 115. But, that's not what I was talking about. Third, I'd hope your buddy's port, pulley and tune car can out run a 400whp car, because it should be making at least 500. But then again, it sounds like your buddy's car runs like shit if it's only trapping 119. My cousin's car traps 117 with a 2.76 upper, cat back and can tune. If you think a 5MPH range is bad, you clearly don't know much about those cars. Times and traps are inconsistent to say the least.

I'm not, nor was I ever. I've been in both communities for 5+ years and I have a pretty solid grip on what both cars will and will not do. Gimme some more info on your buddy's setup! I could definitely see you edging him out at 120+ but not from at 50, and not by bus lengths for damn sure! (Okay, maybe after he hit fifth... Fifth gear for a T45 is ridiculous. The car completely falls on it's face, even if you wind fourth all the way out lol)

Vid or it didn't happen!

And her is were I say I dont fucking care what your brothers, cousins, wifes, gay lovers car runs, ran, or will run.....
I know non-intercooled mod motors have gotten in the tens, I have a friend that works for Muscle Mustang doing editorials and has built, tuned and had a non-intercooled Vortech car deep into the tens.
As for the PULLEY/TUNE ONLY (read this again you mis-quoted me) Cobra, the kid couldnt drive it, so you take a car with half the horsepower agianst a kid that cant drive and you CAN WIN.
Im not arguing over what this car or any other car should have done, Im just saying what it didnt do....win.
I did so thats what counts to me.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I didn't mis-quote you, I was talking to supravillain, which is the only reason I brought that up at all. Unless you're leaving something out, I'm flat out not buying it. Do you live anywhere around Bowling Green? Couple of "slow slow slow" "shitty b-head" cars are interested. I'm sure we could find a few pullied Terms and bolt on LS1 cars too.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Quin;1752551 said:
I didn't mis-quote you, I was talking to supravillain, which is the only reason I brought that up at all. Unless you're leaving something out, I'm flat out not buying it. Do you live anywhere around Bowling Green? Couple of "slow slow slow" "shitty b-head" cars are interested. I'm sure we could find a few pullied Terms and bolt on LS1 cars too.
Dude why dont you quit the keyboard racing... if you dont believe me thats fine, drop your bullshit and go find your own race. And I will repeat this for the last time if you didnt hear me correctley that car should have rolled out on ME but it didnt.... for whatever reason I still won. Im done with you and your shit so just leave this thread. Plain and simple, find your own race, make a thread about how you won or lost or got it broke off in ya I dont care I'll gladly stay out of it, so GTFO.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
Quin;1752655 said:
What's the matter, afraid of a few junk slow American cars?

No I raced one... whats your deal anyway, I just stated that I beat one Mustang, you dont believe it... that nice have a great day and drop it. The way your getting all butt-hurt you must still be a Mustang owner.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
flamewar.jpg

Really people, think of the kittens...

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I raced one of the older Cobra's late 90's body style(Random car on street) tonight and we went 3 times (Supercharger extremely loud) first time 30 to 85 took it by a car and half once 3rd gear hits start walking away 2nd run i missed 3rd gear. 3rd run 45 to 110 was like 2 1/2 cars ahead be for i started breaking he was still on it when he came past me then started braking.

Great fun my car was on 12psi

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Tuned car driven well vs. untuned car driven badly

I don't see what's wrong here.

Also, the SN-95's are slightly lighter than our cars stock.

M33P

Jun 20, 2011
bel air
considering i own a boosted mustang i can say that any mod motor mustangs react wonderful to boost. I have a 2002 on 12 lbs and keep up with my h/c/i ls buddies. If the kid who was driving the cobra knew how to drive at all then it would be a different story. Not saying i dont believe you, but put a good driver in the seat of the cobra and it would of had a different outcome.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
M33P;1753478 said:
considering i own a boosted mustang i can say that any mod motor mustangs react wonderful to boost. I have a 2002 on 12 lbs and keep up with my h/c/i ls buddies. If the kid who was driving the cobra knew how to drive at all then it would be a different story. Not saying i dont believe you, but put a good driver in the seat of the cobra and it would of had a different outcome.

Oh I agree it would have been a different race with someone that could drive.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
i dont understand full throttle in a straight line is full throttle... Since you make it seem like the Mustang is so fast he could take his sweet time shifting and still win right?

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
I walked a 370z and a 2011 camaro on the freeway. Wish my boi would have paid attention to record it. But at 55 mph roll n third off jump the camaro had no chance. Stock 1j downpipe hks hipower exhaust 14 lbs of boost two ppl in car one in camaro he got walked he didn gain a inch 2 car links. The 370z wasnt evn fair zoomed his ass.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Quin;1751670 said:
I don't buy this for a second. An S trim on 6lbs with a conservative tune will make ~400rwhp. 100ish wheel over what you're making and you've got a few hundred pounds on him? Forget about it. I pulled a healthy CT car on 14lbs in my bone stock 96 from a 50 roll. Hard. There's really no chance that you could actually beat that car. He should have walked you even if he started in fourth gear. lol

thos newer bodys after foxbody our heavier then are cars lol

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Quin;1752551 said:

Guy what is your problem.. You're trying to pick race fights online with someone you don't know about a race that you weren't part of. Let it go, you're getting all upset about a story/topic that really doesn't matter. If the mustang lost, it lost. Shitty drivers in the fastest cars can still lose to something posing a threat to it. I've seen beefed up mustangs and such lose to H/E/I civics because the mustang owner was cocky.. dumped the clutch and spun through first and second while the civic was grippin and goin.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
IndigoMKII;1753881 said:
Guy what is your problem.. You're trying to pick race fights online with someone you don't know about a race that you weren't part of. Let it go, you're getting all upset about a story/topic that really doesn't matter. If the mustang lost, it lost. Shitty drivers in the fastest cars can still lose to something posing a threat to it. I've seen beefed up mustangs and such lose to H/E/I civics because the mustang owner was cocky.. dumped the clutch and spun through first and second while the civic was grippin and goin.
He cant race his car so he finds others with FAST cars to pick on us slow guys lol but anyway he is done so am I.