w58 to r154 swap need help!

T-dollahs

Feb 1, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
so right now i am doing a full engine/tranny swap on my RHD 1990 Supra it had the 1g-gte in it before with w58 tranny and im putting in the 1jzgte VVti with R154 tranny and right now where i am sitting is the shifter doesnt line up because the r154 is longer by like an inch and i really dont wanna have to get into cutting into the floor modifying my center console etc, anyone have any ideas? is there any swap parts out there the make it so the tranny fits right in???

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
got a picture of the shifter housing? if the motor was from a lexus the shifter housing is further back then a mk3's. it could make that inch difference you need.

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
T-dollahs;1946290 said:
so right now i am doing a full engine/tranny swap on my RHD 1990 Supra it had the 1g-gte in it before with w58 tranny and im putting in the 1jzgte VVti with R154 tranny and right now where i am sitting is the shifter doesnt line up because the r154 is longer by like an inch and i really dont wanna have to get into cutting into the floor modifying my center console etc, anyone have any ideas? is there any swap parts out there the make it so the tranny fits right in???

my R154 has the stock shifter bull shit on it.. which is in my lexus :) if you have the extended one ill trade you for the stock one :)

let me know..