W427

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
IJ.;1087075 said:
Don't make me hurt you Jeff ;)

You gonna post a pic on the faces to names thread :sarcasm:

By the way, my uncle is from NZ. He HATES it when I call him an aussie. What is with you guys?

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
the guys at work have just put a 427 into the VE HDT (IJ may have seen the pics around?)

if you haven't, this is the car before it left HDT's workshop....

http://www.hdt.com.au/ve_retro_gallery.htm

we'll have some idea how the chassis handles the power after the weekend, as the boss is entered in a tarmac rally on sunday (16 or 18 stages in one day, i can't recall which, but it's a fair few competition km's)

once they got the motor in the car on wednesday, it was off to the dyno yesterday, where the car made 480hp at the rear wheels, with essentially a stock motor...

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
hell yeah.... about all we see of it is when they took us on a 'team building' trip earlier in the year.... and our group managed to rack up a bar tab of over 2 grand.... probably all tax deductible too....

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
One of my old bosses had 2x 308 GTB's a 930 Kremmer Porsche and a 928, him and his buddies used to rent Sandown every Wednesday afternoon to "play" (I didn't mind too much as I got to take the cars for tires in the morning)

He stuffed the 930 into the armco they had to get him out through the sunroof, car wnet in a container back to Germany for repairs....

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
ooh, the pontiac g8 that well never get!

marvel at the ground effects, trim, and interior packaging, that american car companies will deem to expensive/unsafe to ever release over here!