VVT-i and the 7m-GE

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
Question, what kind of diffrences does the VVT-i have in comparison to the GE motor? Are they for the most part similar?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
i'm pretty sure that question makes no sense to me at all

vvt-i and the 7m-ge have absolutely nothing to do with each other

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Ya, I'm with Jono in the confused area. VVTI and the 7mge engine platform have never been together, and unless you're a miracle worker they never will. The VVTI is a system that adjusts the valve timing depending on different factors given to the computer about your throttle, speed etc... it's a rather complex system. If you want it you'll best be looking at the 1JZ and 2JZ equipped engines.
eric

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I'm wondering what how the Supra compares to McDonald's, from what I can tell, they're pretty much the same thing right?

That's about how much sense that post made. Please rephrase, haha.

whiplash

Oct 8, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
McDonalds DOES have Turbo fast drivethrough though!! Oh yeah...and Mickey D's costs a helluva lot lest than a 7m...*sighs*

Lol, it's only a turbo fast dreivethrough until you take the supra through it, then it slows to a crawl as all the teenage boys take a few minutes to come oogle the car =)
I actually had to request the guy pass my food as he was asking all these questions, and didn't see the other employee pass the foodbag over

N

NDBoost

whiplash said:
Lol, it's only a turbo fast dreivethrough until you take the supra through it, then it slows to a crawl as all the teenage boys take a few minutes to come oogle the car =)
I actually had to request the guy pass my food as he was asking all these questions, and didn't see the other employee pass the foodbag over
dont you hate it when you get soccer moms infront of you in the mini vans that have to lean out of the window to talk to the speakerbox, they take forever to order because their ordering for all 6 of their kids and the fact that she screams at the box thinking they cant hear her?

I hate people that take forever..

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
hahaha reminds me when i go to wendys.. me and my friend usually get like 5 jr. bacon cheeseburgers... 2 medium fries... 2 5 peice chicken nuggets... price all for under 10 bucks and sure is good

NDBoost said:
dont you hate it when you get soccer moms infront of you in the mini vans that have to lean out of the window to talk to the speakerbox, they take forever to order because their ordering for all 6 of their kids and the fact that she screams at the box thinking they cant hear her?

I hate people that take forever..

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
89Joe said:
Question, what kind of diffrences does the VVT-i have in comparison to the GE motor? Are they for the most part similar?

Ha. I'm now waitin for a "how can i v-tec my 7m?"

89Joe

POTATOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 22, 2005
Missouri
...The Lexus VVT-i for crying out loud
LEXUS IS300 L6 with VVT-i

Attachments

• 931498.jpg
    931498.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 61

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
nothing similar to the 7m. Im sure with the right amount of time and $ one can be swapped in, but vvti really isnt worth it at all.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
89Joe said:
...The Lexus VVT-i for crying out loud
LEXUS IS300 L6 with VVT-i

Okay. That's a 2JZ-GE with VVT-i, same thing came in the 1998 Supra N/A, it's an 86x86 mm bore/stroke motor with 2998cc displacement.

It has nothing in common with the 7M-GE, and makes 20hp more.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I think he might mean what is the difference between GE and the new FE. Like the new engine in the Corolla and such is the 1ZZ-FE (and the 7m was G(T)E). The Difference is the valve angle iirc. The setup of the valvetrain, but idk the specifics. The G and F is the designation and the E stands for Economy.

N

NDBoost

so technically most 7M supras shouldnt have the E on the end right? i mean since most of them are gas mongers.. lol