Varex Muffler

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Pretty neat, but I'd still rather have a cut-out at the end of the downpipe and a relatively quiet exhaust. :)

626na

Banned
Jan 15, 2008
cali
super.secret.supra.club;1069627 said:
its having that butterfly in the exhaust near the cat as appose to being inside the muffler. there are electrical and mechanical cut outs.

ed.d.

thanks for the info

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
rtrdpenguin;1068937 said:
That is really cool. I'm pretty sure Porsches and some other high-end cars use a similar system, but instead of you controlling the valve with a remote it automatically opens and closes based on how far open the throttle body is.

New corvette z06 has it based on throttle position, its vacuum operated.

It would be cool(er) to have it opened by boost pressure, with a VSV to turn it on and off. so when its on its only open under boost, and when off it never opens.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
this has been around for awhile they sell them in the hot rod market.I always thought it would be a coole idea for sombody to do it on a jap car.It's a cool idea but not somthing I would buy.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It's not the same as the butterfly valves that are mounted in the exhaust. The butterfly closes causing the exhaust to go around the outside of the muffler, acting like a better than stock muffler.

Think of it as having control over if your silencer is in your muffler or not, but at the push of a button.

Cutouts have their issues as well...