valve guide

guido

May 18, 2008
france
i am actually modifying one 7m head , and i want to change my valve guide (more than 200 000 km)

like this head will be for track use , i will be interest to put some better valve guide in order to save some heat (don't find the translation of " dissiper")

is their any brand which make some for the 7 M-GTE??

the only aftermarket valve guide i found was in JUN website:

http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/cylinderhead-part/valve-guide/index.html?en

and of course nothing for the 7M...

guido

May 18, 2008
france
on an engine with a lot of miles/km , it's not a bad idea to change them..
if they have to much gap with the valve that could do bad things..and this is for my track car(maximum of stress for the engine)

guido

May 18, 2008
france
have then checked before , too much shft play at my taste, and nothing on the manual to know the limits..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
You might be able to have them fitted with k-line thinwall broze inserts, if it needs new guides it's often cheaper to find another head that's within spec.

As always this depends on what the initial hardness test reveals as it's a 100% waste of money if the head is soft.

guido

May 18, 2008
france
dealing for a really good aftermarket option
i will let you know as soon as it will be running , maybe that will interest some 7M engine..

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
OEM valve guides are a very hard alloy

6mm internal.

TSRM is actually very specific in measurements and clearance on the valve guides. The valves will wear before the guides do.

Aftermarket options,

Ferrera, or custom which will cost a lot. You can try Del West. Though if you are thinking below $1000 for a custom set of valve guides.... you are in for a very rude awakening.