Vacuum Hose Layout for 7MGTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I had a few people ask for the vacume hose layout, so I thought I would put them here. Hope it helps someone.

p936_1.jpg

p936_2.bmp

p936_3.bmp

p936_4.bmp

p936_5.gif

Last edited:
G

gotboost$

Looks good.

What's VSV stand for? When i first bought the car i thougt it was a Manual Boost controller LOL!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
this has some more in the lower section:

Attachments

• all vaccuum diagarams!!!.gif
    all vaccuum diagarams!!!.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 871

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
BVSV stands for Bimetal Vacuum Switching Valve. It's a thermal vacuum switch which uses temperature(coolant temp in our cars) to activate or deactivate the vacuum switch.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
dirgle said:
BVSV stands for Bimetal Vacuum Switching Valve. It's a thermal vacuum switch which uses temperature(coolant temp in our cars) to activate or deactivate the vacuum switch.

good call....and ive been looking at one of these for a few things...anyone know if you can get them at any auto parts store? or if im gonna have to custom order some of these bitches lol....

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
There damn near impossible to get in a parts store, so be careful not to break them. There a dealer item and my dealer was 4 weeks out. So I said screw it and ripped the EGR stuff out. This was when I was in Colorado, now I'm in Cali and wishing I hadn't done that.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Idealsupra said:
yes VSV= vacuum switching valve... basically its a valve thats controlled by the vacuum from the manifold.

Oh ideal is WRONG.... a vsv is controled by electricity, NOT by vacum

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Ckanderson said:
Oh ideal is WRONG.... a vsv is controled by electricity, NOT by vacum

Man, I completely missed that. Here I fixed it. ;)

Originally Posted by Idealsupra:
yes VSV= vacuum switching valve... basically its a valve that controls the vacuum from the manifold.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I've got my vsv valves if anyone wants them. I think I have about 8 total. I'm not running any since I have no EGR and no charcole canister. All I have is FPR, BPV, Cruise control,turbo pressure sensor, and heater control valve.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
okay... im thinkin that whoever owned this car before me was a complete moron... that majority of the hoses (or at least how they are routed in that pic) dont go where that pic is saying they go... making this removal very difficult, there is also a 3point vaccuum breakoff that isnt listed on there, there are 3points that are next to eachother from the throttle body as apposed to the two shown, and a # of other differences... also... as i said in another thread but no one is capable of answering w/o closing it for some random reason... where would i put caps and where are they not needed... if someone could maybe photoshop that pic of the EGR/Charcoal canister removal with an 'After' pic that would help me a lot (showing in a diff color where i would have to cap things off to prevent vaccuum leaks...

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Re: Vacume Hose Layout for 7MGTE

Ok this was a quick job so it's not all that great. But it should work for your needs.

p6826_1.jpg

Now remove the vacuum hoses that are highlighted in red. And cap off the vacuum ports that I highlighted in green. That’s all there is to it for a stock setup. But if the previous owner really messed with the layout you might accidentally disconnect something that needs a vacuum or pressure reading.

Good luck

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
thank you, exactly what i was lookin for, now one final question... and i will prolly get shot for asking... but what does the EGR pipe look like before removal... because feeling behind the block... it doesnt feel quite right... like... a big ass square as apposed to what a normal egr would be like

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Um... Never mind the above post. You have an N/A engine so the above vacume diagram does not even remotly apply. Give me a little time and let me see what I can find.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Re: Vacume Hose Layout for 7MGTE

p6853_1.jpg

in this picture, do i unbolt EVERY bolt all the way across in order to get it out? and then just leave it like that but with the suprasport block offs in place instead of the whole contraption?

Status
Not open for further replies.