Using F-Sport Brakes

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Hi all, I did a search and did not find any info. so I'm wondering if anyone else considered whether the F-Sport brakes could be modded to use on our cars?

I know about the other brake options offered on here, but I do like the F-Sport calipers and they are indeed a stock Toyota (Lexus) part!

Attachments

• front_and_rear_brake_upgrades_1.jpg
    front_and_rear_brake_upgrades_1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 39

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
A nice $2500 upgrade: 14" rotors, 6 piston calipers.
When you make it work, you'd be the first. Please consider sharing the process of fitting them onto the mk3.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
you can get cheaper 6 piston kits for under $2500. Unless you are truly using this on the track, its just for bling status, and a better than stock stopping power. Most folks will not be able to tell the difference between, F0sport, Brembo, Wilwood, Rotora, Endless caliper and stopping power.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
I like the idea that it's a stock Toyota part, that said, since most IS owners are swapping out their F-Sport calipers for Brembos and Endless etc. these calipers can be had for much less and it's a hella improvement over stock and you gotta admit, it does look nice as well. :D

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
Its not a stock toyota part, Its made by a BBK manufacturer. (brembo i think.. I have to look at my notes) I have a GS350 and I have had a few IS300's in my day. F-sport is not factory OEM on any lexus. its an option package for all except the ISF. (I dont know any ISF owner on a forum that has willingly swapped these brakes out, nor do I know any IS owner who bought this option only to swap them out) It does look nice I agree I want some for my GS350. :) but for the price of purchasing these used and fabricating brackets to attach to an MK3 front wheel spindle, its not worth the time or effort, when you can buy a complete bolt on kit out the door for less headaches? Even though it carries a Toyota part number, there is no warranty to be had by installing this on a car other than what it was designed for.

If I were doing it.... I'd much rather buy SupraTT calipers or LS400 calipers and fab those on for under $700.