USF vs UCF

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Hahaha...I know this probably isnt the best place to post this, but I'll give it a shot.

Okay, well I've been doing some research...and originally I had planned to go to USF (for the past 3 years now actually) for Mechanical Engineering, but recently one of my teachers mentioned that UCF actually was known for engineering and has an EXCELLENT program. I've been visiting the crap out of both websites and finding out whatever I can, and so far I actually cant justify one much more than the other...

Pretty much everything is even...Reeves BMW isnt even a mile away from USF and I'm hoping to just transfer over to whichever BMW is by the college I go to so I still have a job doing this stuff. Fields BMW is about 4 miles away, and its on I4, so thats a big disadvantage. My brother has his own branch of WaMu very close by to USF as well and he's really cool, I could drop by his place and hang out with him like I never really got the chance, plus get alot of financial advice and such

On the other side, I've got some stats right here and UCF (who supposedly has a better engineering department) is a bit more suburban (which I'm used to and rather like, though city isnt bad really either)...UCF has a 55% admission rate as opposed to USF's 51% though thats kinda hard to compare since different people applied differently and stuff. A big thing that jumped out though is 75% average of finanical aid met at UCF as opposed to 32% at USF, so I might be able to live in some better housing and stuff, and I plan to live on campus for at least my first year. I really like UCF's virtual campus and stuff that I've seen, though Tampa is the technological capital of like the U.S. when it comes to WiFi and FIOS or fiber optic whatever.

Back to USF...theres definetly a bigger Supra community here, especially MkIIIs. I'm not as big into them anymore thanks to having to focus on college, but it'd be nice to know some 7M friends. Off the top of my head, only Jessica Barton and her b/f reside in Orlando and I dont know many other Supra people off the top of my head as opposed to knowing a few MkIII and MkIV people alike in Tampa.

So I need some additional opinions and such. Personal experiences with the colleges as well as Orlando opinions...so far I like Tampa, but I am reminded that my education is more important than what city I live in. And I'm staying in Florida for the 4 year term.

Thoughts? Opinions?