Upgraded front brakes 300 zx calipers.

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
agrred i'd be down for a price of around $100...i'm pretty sure i can find some mad cheap 300zx calipers at a junkyard or something like that...a rebuild kit cost like $20...does anyone know what kinda modification will be involved for the lines?

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
becauseican;943440 said:
I have the original Nightpager kit on my car using 350z track rotors and 300zx calipers with Hawk pads, and I have to say it is the BEST MOD I have done to the car. I have not been able to make these fade at all with multiple 200+ kmh to zero stops. For hard street driving and autocross use these are great. I dont know how long they would last on a full road course track but for 95% of the mk3 owners here they are more than adequite. From what I have heard, there is a Brembo caliper that will bolt onto the stock 300zx, so it should work with the Nightpager setup.

I am thinking of replicating the brackets from my car, and doing a GB for the brackets and rotor spacers. How many of you would be interested?

Yea what wold your price be?

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
becauseican;943440 said:
I have the original Nightpager kit on my car using 350z track rotors and 300zx calipers with Hawk pads, and I have to say it is the BEST MOD I have done to the car. I have not been able to make these fade at all with multiple 200+ kmh to zero stops. For hard street driving and autocross use these are great. I dont know how long they would last on a full road course track but for 95% of the mk3 owners here they are more than adequite. From what I have heard, there is a Brembo caliper that will bolt onto the stock 300zx, so it should work with the Nightpager setup.

I am thinking of replicating the brackets from my car, and doing a GB for the brackets and rotor spacers. How many of you would be interested?
id be in for a front set and are you going to make the kit for the back set to? and thanks again the mounts worked great

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Keros;943187 said:
Sorry, but I very much doubt that anything could be produced from that drawing, there's not enough discription. There's radii, hole dia, and thickness, but no dimensions of the overall plane width, or hole locations relative to a datum... or anything for that matter.

The effort is appreciated, but imo, more is needed to make something from it.

notice how he says he has the .dwg file? That might just have all the necessary dimensions...

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
ilikebigbutts;943499 said:
does anyone know what kinda modification will be involved for the lines?

no modification required for the lines. they will work, even though the supra caliper is a banjo bolt!

on another note guys, like randy said this is a big improvement over the stockers. for most mk3 owners these are enough.
not to mention when caliper\discs\pads need replacement ,it's as easy as going to any parts store and having them the next day.and these can be found anywhere since it was all on production cars! in my opinion neways!

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
becauseican;943440 said:

I may get 2 sets, one for my 91 Supra & one for my 90 Cressida. :D Let me know if you're gonna do this as I almost ordered a set from that other place today! Thanks.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Adjuster;941918 said:
The improvement to dollar ratio on this junkyard brake setup is not worth the money.

Look at the swept area. It is not much different from the stock MK3.

ARZ's setup is an improvement in both swept area, and ability to shed heat, and deal with that heat. (Everything in brakes.)

For about a grand, you get world class brakes.

Or you can spend 600 and end up with cool looking brakes that will fade like the stockers if used hard. ;)

Troof!

Andy's kit is so well done, and has such an incredible price point it doesnt make sense to do the nightpager kit anymore.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
becauseican;943440 said:

+1 interested in the GB

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
marc3;943705 said:
no modification required for the lines. they will work, even though the supra caliper is a banjo bolt!

Explain further please.:icon_surp The banjo fitting is larger than the 300zx AN-3 (?) fitting. So, how would that work with no modification?

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
it's not bigger! the banjo bolt will fit in the 300zx caliper. i too was like" no way are the threads the same" till randy(becauseican) said they worked. i tried it and voila!! the only thing is , on the banjo fitting(on the hose, not the bolt) there is a pin that goes in a hole , to lock the fitting. well the hole ain't there. so when you tighten the banjo bolt, you will need to hold the hose with some pliers to prevent it from turning. that is all
and if you still don't believe me, i can snap you a picture!:icon_bigg

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Marc3;
I believe you bro, but a photo of your completed upgrade would be cool anyways! That is good news about the lines too, one less thing to worry about to complete this mod.
Thanks.:icon_bigg

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Marc3 can you also post some pics of how they mount and just a few real good pics from all angles. I think i have the kit all figured out but i want to make sure i do.

Randy what kind of price are we talking about let us know. If you have a good enough price i wont even mess around with making them for my car ill just get them from you.

Last edited:

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
they aren't installed yet, but very soon.in the meantime, here are the brackets installed(from silverlineracing)i, however, choose not to remove the nissan inscription. i know i will be:3d_frown:
the charcoal piece is the bracket!
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p946435_1.jpg

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
marc3;946435 said:
they aren't installed yet, but very soon.in the meantime, here are the brackets installed(from silverlineracing)i, however, choose not to remove the nissan inscription. i know i will be:3d_frown:
the charcoal piece is the bracket!

What is the piston size?

Andre

Feb 4, 2006
Netherlands
BTW the Mk4 TT 17 inch wheels wil not clear the front calipers from the nissan you wil have to take some material of the calipers

You can also use an spacer