Upgraded front brakes 300 zx calipers.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
wesbeech;941341 said:
The 350 track rotors what is the od of the rotors? Is there a certian size rim you have to run?

Roughly 12 3/4" (12.75) That is the Power slot (base model). Randy (BIC Perf.) said they were a little bigger than that, but I just measured the Power Slots that I have here.
I would guess that these will require a 17" rim, but with an extreme offset, a 16" might work too(?) I have "old school" Volk Group AV's (17x8, 17x9's) that will be on my car soon. The 17x8 (35mm) fronts, require a 15mm spacer to clear the Nissan calipers.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
The improvement to dollar ratio on this junkyard brake setup is not worth the money.

Look at the swept area. It is not much different from the stock MK3.

ARZ's setup is an improvement in both swept area, and ability to shed heat, and deal with that heat. (Everything in brakes.)

For about a grand, you get world class brakes.

Or you can spend 600 and end up with cool looking brakes that will fade like the stockers if used hard. ;)

ilikebigbutts

workin' my dream
Jun 10, 2007
Pittsburgh
i think 220 + shipping costs is way to much for just adaptors.if you look on ebay adaptor pieces for the 240sx to fit 300zx brakes at like 90 shipped!plus 300zx calipers are over priced to.i havent really shoped around much but averaged i found on ebay was 250-300 for two fronts.then the cost of rotors and spacers....

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
If they could be produced for $90 to $100 they would sell. But I agree, at $200 the cost of the upgrade does not make sense when full fledged BB kits can be had for $1100 these days.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Adjuster;941918 said:
The improvement to dollar ratio on this junkyard brake setup is not worth the money.

... spend 600 and end up...with brakes that will fade like the stockers...

Agreed, If you could do this swap easy and it were like a couple hundred, then it might be worth it. But $220 + shipping + junkyard calipers + caliper rebuild + pads + misc....

It's a loser!:3d_frown:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
wesbeech;942458 said:
But i thouhgt you have a set?
i do have a set,but i don't think it would be worth duplicating them.i did make a blueprint of them on paper and sent to another member.i'm not sure if he's done anything with it though

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
tsuper92;942522 said:
i do have a set,but i don't think it would be worth duplicating them.i did make a blueprint of them on paper and sent to another member.i'm not sure if he's done anything with it though

Could you send it to me please?

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Adjuster;941918 said:

Look at the swept area. It is not much different from the stock MK3.

ARZ's setup is an improvement in both swept area, and ability to shed heat, and deal with that heat. (Everything in brakes.)

Or you can spend 600 and end up with cool looking brakes that will fade like the stockers if used hard. ;)

I agree, and I have them! By the time I'm done with everything, it will be just a shade over $800.00 invested. I did do it more for the looks than anything. Maybe not the best reason, but I trust what Randy (BIC Performance) says about them, "pretty good improvement over the stockers". Alot of the improvement comes from good pad selection, and I have chosen EBC 'Yellowstuff' pads. I also was able to spread this kit aquisition over several months, and utilize a Les Schwab acct for some of the necessary items. By the time I got done with an ARZ kit, it would have been about $1400.00, shipped, because I still needed spacers for my Volks to clear either caliper.
No doubt though that the ARZ Wilwood kit is far superior! Nate's 1J car will have you picking your teeth outta' the steering wheel if you're not careful!:biglaugh:

Krister

Holset lover
May 2, 2005
Finland, Europe
Here's the drawing my friend made. If someone can make these brackets for cheap, I'm in for a few sets. I have the drawings in DWG-format.
image1ho6.jpg

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Krister;942988 said:
Here's the drawing my friend made. If someone can make these brackets for cheap, I'm in for a few sets. I have the drawings in DWG-format.
[thumb]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/71/image1ho6.jpg[/thumb]

What about hte distance form hole to hole and placement of the holes?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Krister;942988 said:
[thumb]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/71/image1ho6.jpg[/thumb]

Sorry, but I very much doubt that anything could be produced from that drawing, there's not enough discription. There's radii, hole dia, and thickness, but no dimensions of the overall plane width, or hole locations relative to a datum... or anything for that matter.

The effort is appreciated, but imo, more is needed to make something from it.

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Keros;943187 said:
Sorry, but I very much doubt that anything could be produced from that drawing, there's not enough discription. There's radii, hole dia, and thickness, but no dimensions of the overall plane width, or hole locations relative to a datum... or anything for that matter.

The effort is appreciated, but imo, more is needed to make something from it.

That is what i said.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I have the original Nightpager kit on my car using 350z track rotors and 300zx calipers with Hawk pads, and I have to say it is the BEST MOD I have done to the car. I have not been able to make these fade at all with multiple 200+ kmh to zero stops. For hard street driving and autocross use these are great. I dont know how long they would last on a full road course track but for 95% of the mk3 owners here they are more than adequite. From what I have heard, there is a Brembo caliper that will bolt onto the stock 300zx, so it should work with the Nightpager setup.

I am thinking of replicating the brackets from my car, and doing a GB for the brackets and rotor spacers. How many of you would be interested?

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
I would be interested but not at $200. They would have to come in around $100 otherwise, I am going the ARZ route.