U.S.,Tenn: We're the police and we serve 80yr.old warrants

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
First one is a bit dumb, more than likely the guy is dead and even if he isn't, he could probably easily pay...

The second one is an unopened can, at speed it COULD kill someone...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dunckel is a LEO. atlpd is too. There are a few others about.

The first link is kind of dumb, but it probably illustrates a problem with the law not the Sheriff enforcing it.

The second one, well, if you are going to throw a beer at a cop car, you get what you get. It's something that isn't written in law, but probably should be: "Being an asshole is an invitation for the police to fuck with you..."

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Supracentral;1259010 said:
Dunckel is a LEO. atlpd is too. There are a few others about.

The first link is kind of dumb, but it probably illustrates a problem with the law not the Sheriff enforcing it.

The second one, well, if you are going to throw a beer at a cop car, you get what you get. It's something that isn't written in law, but probably should be: "Being an asshole is an invitation for the police to fuck with you..."

Calling a beer can a "deadly missle" is a bit over the top, no? Sure it's can hurt and kill, but it doesn't go boom.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Clueless;1259259 said:
Calling a beer can a "deadly missle" is a bit over the top, no? Sure it's can hurt and kill, but it doesn't go boom.

Main Entry:
1mis·sile Listen to the pronunciation of 1missile Listen to the pronunciation of 1missile
Pronunciation:
\ˈmi-səl, chiefly British -ˌsīl\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Latin missilis, from mittere to throw, send
Date:

1 : capable of being thrown or projected to strike a distant object
2 : adapted for throwing or hurling missiles

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i'm agreeing on the second one, cans will definitely do some damage. a while back a few kids here in VA were charged with the same thing, but they were throwing snowballs at cars.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Clueless;1259259 said:

I guess it kind of depends on a few factors. A full unopened beer can (which is what they threw) is not something you want to get hit with. One could easily kill you if it hit you in the head.

Now add the speed of a moving car to the equation. I don't think this charge is all that outrageous. This falls way beyond the bounds of "good fun" and "peaceful protest".