TX2K9 who's going?

I'm going this year, my car was down last year. Hit me up, if anyone is coming through Fort Worth, and i'll caravan down with you all. Can't wait. Is it better to reserve a room down there early, or just get one when you get down there?

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Make sure you reserve early, they may fill up by the time you get there. You could find a roommate with some one. Thats what Im doing to save money.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Hoping I can make it. Will be going to the travel agent in the next few weeks to see what I can organise :)

EDIT - Just to clarify, my car unfortunately won't be able to make it :(

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Hotels are in Katy, TX. Checks the link for more details.

Coming up from down under(haha)??!!? wow, see you there!:icon_bigg

Fernando

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I've been meaning to make it to TX or SILV for the last few years. I have friends in TX, who i visited in 04 and 05, and sadly haven't been able to make it back. I figure a Supra meet is a good excuse to kill 2 birds with one stone and get my ass over there :)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
LilMissMkIII;1195885 said:
I've been meaning to make it to TX or SILV for the last few years. I have friends in TX, who i visited in 04 and 05, and sadly haven't been able to make it back. I figure a Supra meet is a good excuse to kill 2 birds with one stone and get my ass over there :)

What part of Tx? I hope you can make it so you can see the rest of us all with our 10-gallon cowboy hats, boots & spurs, and horses. :biglaugh: :icon_razz j/k j/k

Ryan - I think Keri and Joe may be making it down for 2K9.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ngo... My friends are in Austin :) I spent a few months living and working there in 04, and went back for a visit in 05.

I <3 TX :)

I'll see your cowboy hats and spurs, and raise you an akubra and a croc ;)

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
LilMissMkIII;1195897 said:
Ngo... My friends are in Austin :) I spent a few months living and working there in 04, and went back for a visit in 05.

I <3 TX :)

I'll see your cowboy hats and spurs, and raise you an akubra and a croc ;)

Austin hill country cruise FTW! Great city, crazy drivers, and some of the streets suck IMO.

I'll raise you with a cowboy string tie and George (W.) Bush. :biglaugh:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Well pending no further major issues with Jay Blue, I will be driving it down there.

Scott, you have to make it!

Jay, is Ryan going to make it too?

Where's George?

Kristel, meeting you would be the highlight of the trip!:icon_bigg
I think you'll draw more attention than Jays car, which is a lot.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Well I got the "ok" from the boss today to take the time off... 1st thing is done!!!

Now I just have to figure out how the hell I am going to afford a plane ticket in this market with the shitty exchange rate!

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
ticket to TX = $3000AUD + spending money + accommodation = close to $5000AUD ($3,300USD)

That's before I decide to add on trips to see friends in MI and WA.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gtsfirefighter;1198788 said:
Jay, is Ryan going to make it too?

Where's George?

No, Ryan won't be making it. I may be bringing my wife though............so no strip clubs for me this time.........:cry:

I haven't seen George post in a while, but I'll give him a call today to check on him.

noah89t;1198795 said:
well, you probably don't have to worry about getting a hotel room. watch and see how many people will offer to share their room with you.

Me Me Me!!!!! I call dibbs on letting Kristel stay with me and Vonda..........:naughty:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Dibs are not allowed Jay.....I thought you were a mod???????????? Follow the damn rules would ya.

Kristel, I will split my room with you. As far as I know, I'm staying alone, and I'm a perfect southern gentleman (aka...Good Ole Boy).

gtsfirefighter;1198788 said:
Scott, you have to make it!

Ken, if my car won't make it, I'll catch a ride in Jay's car as he pulls through here. Of course he'll have to let me use the keys, so at least the radio will work. I can talk to him once we get there, and he gets out of the truck.

And I agree, I 'd love to get to meet Kristel as well.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The dibbs rule is only for non moderators..........I thought you knew the rules...........:biglaugh: