Twincharged.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I almost face-palmed and said 'oh no, not again' but I see you did it................ nice job, need vids

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
NashMan;1721274 said:
a bypass would be a good idea so you don't flake up top

yea, I looked into all angles and I figured I would try this first to see how the car responds to it. The blower won't become too restrictive until I really start raising the boost, hell with the pressure ratios multiplying running 10 and 10 is around 28lbs lol. But I agree, running something like a twin screw with a bypass for a turbo with a larger A/R would create and even crazier power curve without sacrificing up top.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
YourEnemy;1721403 said:
yea, I looked into all angles and I figured I would try this first to see how the car responds to it. The blower won't become too restrictive until I really start raising the boost, hell with the pressure ratios multiplying running 10 and 10 is around 28lbs lol. But I agree, running something like a twin screw with a bypass for a turbo with a larger A/R would create and even crazier power curve without sacrificing up top.

it's rather easy really all you need to add in a 50 to 60 mill waste gate mabye x2 with a soft spring u can run cheep china one to boot since there really is no heat

I plan to do this one day

Adandos

Jun 10, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Great build man,

Do keep in mind though that just as pressure ratios multiply when you compress air twice, density ratios also drop because the air is being heated twice.

I'd bypass the supercharger once the turbo is spooled and stick to a single compressor up top ... especially the way you have it setups (the supercharger has no intercooler after it to boost the density of the air).

Check out our turbo density ratio calculator...

In our calculator we have a thermal model that is arranged for sequencial twincharged setups

12-Density-Ratio.png

This allows you to quickly compare the difference between different efficiency chargers and between having the supercharger bypassed or not , and what effect that has on both your density ratio (your final power figure at a certain boost level) and as well on how close you are to auto-ignition ... which is something important to keep track of when you twincharge

Would love to do an article on your car... be in touch and awesome build ;)

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
NashMan;1721958 said:
it's rather easy really all you need to add in a 50 to 60 mill waste gate mabye x2 with a soft spring u can run cheep china one to boot since there really is no heat

I plan to do this one day
Well the only problem is running valves like that you will get a dead spot when the valve rapidly opens, and that would be rather hard to tune around. The idea I was thinking of was using a high end servo motor to transition into boost.

TRDownShift;1722080 said:
holy mother of god.... DO WANT! are you going to make a kit? your setup looks very clean... would LOVE to twincharge my baby... *Drools*
Sorry, no kit lol. There is just simply too much to make it into a kit, if you look close at my pics the fuse box, ignitor, battery, alternator and many other things have been relocated along with half of the wiring harness being modified.

But thanks though!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
YourEnemy;1722450 said:
Well the only problem is running valves like that you will get a dead spot when the valve rapidly opens, and that would be rather hard to tune around. The idea I was thinking of was using a high end servo motor to transition into boost.

sorry that's not true there will be no dead spots
the valve's will just bleed off slowly

yuo chould easly add in 2 gates and amke that car just deadly to drive

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
BigKO;1732462 said:
Updates? Video? This thing is too nice for you to just tease us like that

yea lol I'm working on it.. I don't have a camera so I borrowed my buddy's GoPro... I should have a video in the next couple of days.. it prob. wont be much but at least its something lol