turquoise gear oil?

red90mk3

Jan 15, 2008
Jersey
When I drained my w58 this is what came out. Does anyone have any idea what brand this could be? Just curious to what the previous owner used in this gearbox.

Attachments

• tranny oil - first flush.JPG
    tranny oil - first flush.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 88

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
amsoil series 2000 synthetic gear lube was a pretty deep green. That's what it could be. But it looks unusually bright....maybe it's due to the camera flash? I used it in my tranny and diff....great stuff. It was their top of the line gear lube for many years. It's since been replaced by their "severe gear" line up.

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
Justin727;1233252 said:
the shockproof version has 3 colors iirc and thats one of them, the blueish color..

You probably used MT90 correct? if so then thats why the color is different pete.

oh i see. i used the mt90. whats the difference with the shockproof version?
-pete

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
yea i just put this in my r154. lightweight shockproof. I used super lightweight and it was a red pickish color. I was suprised with this color of the oil. It is thicker than the super light weight so i am hoping it will stick to parts better. i have driven it some and it seems to shift very good. I have not done many hard pulls yet tho to know for sure. I do think as of now i will like it better than the thinner superlight weight oils.