Turbonetics/Performance Techniques in CA.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Hey guys! My CT26 just left for Turbonetics/Performance Techniques in San Bernardino, CA. for the 57 Trim Upgrade. :love:

Has anyone here had them do any work for them or had any experience with them?

Just curious... :naughty:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
You'll be lucky if your turbo ever comes back...at least in one piece.
And, if it does, the wheels will shoot out both sides as soon as you hit boost.

j/k ;)

(Shouldn't you have asked before you sent the turbo out?)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Boy...I sure hope not! :biglaugh:

My buddy had his 60 trim done through them and all has been well for a couple years now.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm using one of their turbo's right now. Pre oiled it and the works. Maybe 7000km's on it and I think it's biting the bullet (been running it at 10 lbs until I can get my fuel system goodies on).

I'll probably have to call them to ask about warranties. :(

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Mrbaboon;978654 said:
I'm using one of their turbo's right now. Pre oiled it and the works. Maybe 7000km's on it and I think it's biting the bullet (been running it at 10 lbs until I can get my fuel system goodies on).

I'll probably have to call them to ask about warranties. :(

They quoted me a six month warranty from date of purchase. Good luck with yours...

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yep I'm screwed in that case, bought it from a friend who kept it in his house in the original box from turbonetics until it was sold to me, and installed the next day.

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
I went down to their shop today. Good guys - very knowledgeable and honest. I needed a turbine wheel changed on my GT42 and they turned it around quick for a good price. Clean shop and they certainly know their shit.

Turbonetics and Perfomance Techniques are two different companies. The original owner of Turbonetics sold PT the rights to the website many years ago because the owner of Turbonetics thought that the internet wouldnt go anywhere.... Thats why when you go to www.turbonetics.com it redirects to the PT IP address.... Turbonetics has been bought and sold a few times since then, and PT was sued by Turbonetics unsuccessfully to get the naming rights back...

At the shop they were very specific about not being involved with Turbonetics.

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
I was planning on sending out my CT26 for and upgrade to PT, how has your upgrade worked out the last two + years? I was thinking a T04E 60 trim my self.

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks on the Avatar- she was hard to pass on!
2008-it was the first post my search brought me to on Performance Techniques. I figured CajunKenny was online so maybe he'd catch it and I'd get a quick run down.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
momoney88;1666065 said:
I was planning on sending out my CT26 for and upgrade to PT, how has your upgrade worked out the last two + years? I was thinking a T04E 60 trim my self.

Sorry for the delay. I somehow missed this thread resurrection! ;)

Just as hvyman stated, I too have had ZERO problems. I ran that turbo for about a year at 12 psi.

I have since moved on to bigger things; but, it is now sitting on my shelf wrapped in plastic to be a backup turbo when my JT62 needs to be rebuilt.

The buddy that I mentioned earlier in this thread has been using his 60 trim upgrade up until a month ago so his is a better testament of their work. His turbo has been run at ~16 psi and is still in great shape.

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks guys! Sounds like a good bet still so I'll be boxing it up this weekend. I wouldn't mind going the way of the JT62 either but cash flow won't let me get there yet with all of the additional supporting mods I have yet to acquire. I guess I'll be taking baby steps still. One day.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Dude...I respect you for taking baby steps. There are a lot of guys who either install turbos that are too big for their setup or turn up the boost without supporting mods.

A friend of mine (gotadiesel) has all of the supporting mods and is running a CT26-57 Trim and likes it. He made great power too! 330 hp and 371 tq @ 16psi. There's NOTHING wrong with an upgraded CT! And as far as reliability.....the 57 Trim is hard to beat! :)

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Had my ct26 60-1 done by them back in 2002. It has run 18psi since and has held up nicely making the most power 2 years ago. I have since installed a gt35R and will be selling this one as soon as I get it spec'd out. shaft play is almost none existent.

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
All very encouraging. I picked my MK3 three years ago from the original owner w/64k on it- still a virgin! Since then I've redone the HG, ARP bolts, APEXI intake, Lexus AFM, BIC DDP -3" exhaust- no cat, magna flow muffler, AEM boost controller and wide band, head mild port and polish, hard pipes on the stock IC, HKS BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, Denso Fuel pump, sending the stock 440's for cleaning and flow testing and now the CT26 upgrade.
I've been following John B. Lunsford's success from back in the day to see if I can match his results and he made 437 at 18psi. We'll see.
Funny thing...I have a buddy that has been building big block Chevy's his whole life and now he's hooked on turbo's after watching my progression/results.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
they did mine...i dunno if i still have the record for the 57 trim ct 26...422whp and 460 lb ft of torque at 18 pounds :)...

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
18 pounds plus meth-lex/550s with an afc tuned to 11.8 @wot (there's graphs floating around here somewhere and on 7mpower)