Turbonetics/Performance Techniques in CA.

gottadiesel

Flyin Low
Feb 16, 2009
Vancouver, Washington
CajunKenny;1666404 said:
A friend of mine (gotadiesel) has all of the supporting mods and is running a CT26-57 Trim and likes it. He made great power too! 330 hp and 371 tq @ 16psi. There's NOTHING wrong with an upgraded CT! And as far as reliability.....the 57 Trim is hard to beat! :)

momoney88 - yeah I have been really happy with my 57-trim, it was done by Aaron @ Driftmotion... I think all in all, it was $550 with no options of coating... DM is a firm believer in that the CT26 should not be modified to anything larger than 57 for long term reliability (which I tend to believe also)... but everyone has their opinions.

Once I have the money needed, I plan to add water/meth and should be able to get to the low 400s which is all the harder I would want to push stock internals, but I do not plan to add that until I also have the money for an on-board knock monitoring system that I can tie into my boost controller for safety cut-off setup.

Either way good luck with your upgrades, though as you may already know, hp is like a drug, once you get comfortable with one level, you gotta just get a little more:evil2:

Last edited:

momoney88

Sep 7, 2009
Florida
gottadiesel, I hear ya on the power thing. I thought I would be good with the mods to let her breathe better but after a year I'm no longer satisfied.
I just pulled the turbo and there is a little side to side play as well as some minor cracking around the waste gate- unbelievable! I guess after 22 years something had to give- looks like momoney.
Reliability is a big concern I have with the upgrades so I hope I get it right the first time around. The next jump for power is pricey so I hope I can hold out...time & money will tell.
Thanks guys for all the feedback!