Turbocharger Model ST1

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
lol.... DAM COFFEE POT SUCKS

Sooooo.... Now we are getting somewhere. Now is this a Super70 that they sell in there Kit or what?

Post the Pics anyways and did they say what the Turbo was good for HP wise?

Last edited:

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
The XS Super70 has a 61mm compressor wheel, the one you have is clearly bigger.

To make it more backwards, some people ordering the XS 2jzgte T61 kit were getting a 69mm (most call 70) turbo instead.

There is more information on clubna-t.com

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
SON OF A b%#$h,

Ok, Im a little Pissed so Bare with me. Straight from the Admins mouth on clubna-t.com site

"I've sold T61s from two factories, both made to my spec. Over time I settled with one factory and that is what you are most likely seeing when you see two types of T61. As for the T70, that is a T3/T4 hybrid turbo and has different specs entirely. It is shipped with my 1JZ and 7M kits. T61 flows enough to produce 600WHP, T70 flows enough to produce 500WHP. (without undue stress)"

So Looks like I have a Frickin T61, This isnt what I was suppose to get. Need more, About 200 HP more. This has got to go up for sale, HP goals are alot Higher than this.

ABQMK2

Mar 8, 2007
Keller TX
forums.celicasupra.com
Look at the bright side bro. when you 1st got this turbo it put you in the 11's. you power goals were no where near as high as they are now. That turbo did you good for the $ you have into it and never broke down on you. Now its time to sell it and get that PT6762 youve been looking at or even better, you can get one just like mine and we can be twinkies again..LOL! Glad you found out what turbo it is.

Ball Bearing turbo's FTW!

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
True True....

A few of the People that have bought this Turbo requested the compressor maps for the Supplier. We got the reply. "I don't share the maps, sorry"

This is funny as I have always thought that if you sell a Turbo and have the compressor maps for it then that should be widely Available for customers to have.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
bhg4life;1500148 said:
I see Rob @ 935Motorsports is posting in this thread. He actually sold me this turbo. :)

Oh shit.... Nothing in this Post is Directed to him. I didnt purchase this from him so he is good. All I know now since I know where the turbo originated from is that " IT IS NOT A EFFICENT TURBO" hince the size of the turbine wheel. He had all these turbos built to his specs, not to what would be the best all around.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
ABQMK2;1500281 said:
Look at the bright side bro. when you 1st got this turbo it put you in the 11's. you power goals were no where near as high as they are now. That turbo did you good for the $ you have into it and never broke down on you. Now its time to sell it and get that PT6762 youve been looking at or even better, you can get one just like mine and we can be twinkies again..LOL! Glad you found out what turbo it is.

Ball Bearing turbo's FTW!

Im looking at these

GT4067R
ITS series
Precision PT6765
Precision PT6562

A few others but Im looking into spool characteristics.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'm a little confused how the compressor section can only flow 500rwhp?

A T04z has an 84mm/67mm wheel and will flow 500rwhp easily.

Ask KwNate about the 4067 he's one of the few with practical experience of this hybrid.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Based from that Ive been reading and I still dont understand why they were built this way.

The Super70 comes with a 61mm / 70mm Compressor and is only good for 500hp

The T61 comes with a 69mm / 90mm Compressor wheel and is only good for 600hp due to the Shitty Exhaust wheel. Its been Noted that on this compressor wheel alone should be good up to 750-850hp based on a few turbos that Ive looked at and a few responses on SupraForums.

So here is my Question. Is there anyway that If I decide to keep this turbo, I could send it off and get a Different Side Turbine wheel install that will suit the compressor size and still be able to reach that above number stated. Im going to assume that I will been to get another rear housing to fit the Bigger wheel.

Last edited:

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
IJ.;1500648 said:
It will be a SURGE monster with that combination :(

Hell, It already Surges its ass off and thats only at 11 psi. I thought that some of the Pressure was supposed to be released by the BOV. Not in this case it seems.

Ok, So any recommendations.

Sell it and get something better.

Robert

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Well you can get around the surge a bit using very light springs in the BoV/s (2 would be better) and large bore hoses plumbed to the intake plenum.

The "limitation" is the exhaust side wheel, if you use a 60mm WG or larger it will allow more mass exhaust flow around the restriction (turbine wheel) and you can then utilise the Compressors full potential.

While not ideal it's a solution.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
BOV is a HKS SSQV

Still the Limitation is still there Correct. The turbine pressure from a huge Compressor wheel. I wouldnt want to Damage anything internally in the turbo because of a Small turbine wheel that cant keep up with a compressor wheel.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
supraguy31;1500686 said:
BOV is a HKS SSQV

Still the Limitation is still there Correct. The turbine pressure from a huge Compressor wheel. I wouldnt want to Damage anything internally in the turbo because of a Small turbine wheel that cant keep up with a compressor wheel.

Ummmm no

Only time you'll damage the Turbine is if you overspeed it, the WG will prevent that happening.

Your limitation is a flow one, the Big Compressor can feed enough Air in for 600rwhp but the Turbine can't flow enough out so limits your hp to 500.

If you flow the other 100rwhp of exhaust around the restriction and into the exhaust downstream you get your full 600.

supraguy31

May 10, 2005
Pembroke, NC
Understood.... Still, Im shooting for Higher than 600 so Its going to be sold I think. Throw it up on Ebay or something and see what I can get for it. No harm in getting something better.