Turbo MA46. Powered by black magic.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My friend has this MKI Supra with this aftermarket turbo kit from like 1983. It's the best hack job you've ever seen. Anyways, the car got into a minor fender bender, and somehow when that happened, the motor lost compression in 3 cylinders. Maybe the crash caused it to detonate or something. Anyways, so long story short, it's in my garage, I have a new motor to swap into it......

So, I cut a bunch of the loom off to get a better idea how this thing was wired. This thing is just pure genius. They have two hobbs switches hooked up inline with the coolant temperature sensor. As boost increases, the switches open up, increasing the resistance of the signal. Motor thinks it's colder, and adds more fuel. It's the best hack job I've ever seen. Two fuel tuning points :)

There's also a water injection system that isn't actually hooked up to anything. This car is beyond insane. It's unbelievable it drives, and has been driving for like 26 years.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
:)

p773104_1.jpg

p773104_2.jpg

p773104_3.jpg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
wow! a 5m-te, very interesting... never seen one of those before.

The car looks awesome too, I LOVE the two tone mk1s!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
88YotaTurbo said:
GOD i hate the 1g supras so ugly

:umno:

1G was a pussy little 2L

MkI is the first generation of Supra, lightest and best looking IMO. Most reliable car ever period.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Probably. My dad had an 81 when I was little... I have a picture of it right in front of my door, I look at it before I come into my room =]

I apologize, after re-reading that post I kinda seem like an asshole. Sorry man

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Quin said:
:umno:

1G was a pussy little 2L

MkI is the first generation of Supra, lightest and best looking IMO. Most reliable car ever period.
Actually, he meant 1G as in "1st Generation"

I don't know if I would call the 1G pussy though. The Celica XX was pretty bad-ass personally.

I'll agree with you guys, I'm not a fan of the MKI. The hood just looks way too big. Give me a MKI Celica liftback, or a MKII Supra, and I'll be happy :)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'd pay to see a 4M-E in a MKIV...or should I say the reactions of people

think they might be more pissed with a 7M in there though...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Poodles said:
I'd pay to see a 4M-E in a MKIV...or should I say the reactions of people

think they might be more pissed with a 7M in there though...

If I ever win the lottery, I would totally do it. Either the 4M-E or the original M engine that came in the 2000GT. Triple Weber'd 2.0 would look hot under the Mk4 hood, hahahaha :sarcasm:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
screw that, I'd rather see a 2000GT in showroom stock condition...

part of me would love to see a 2000GT with a 2J under the hood, but it would ruin the car....

I think a MKIV with a 7M would piss off enough people, especially if it was something like the engine off the 7M dragster and beats on the 2J guys...