Turbo lag is way uncool!

lanternman

Apr 21, 2005
MI
I would think that is an abnormal amount of lag for that turbo. Everything else being normal, I would assume you have a wastegate problem. Even with turbos big enough to lag to 5000 rpm, they would be making a hell of alot more than 10psi. Need more info.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Yes we need more info.

If you are running some obnoxious 1.15 a/r rear housing, then yes you won't ever get it to spool like you want it to.

Also, the "tuner" tells you 10psi at 5k rpms. When did it make that 10psi? Or is it only making 10psi the whole run?

Tell your tuner guy to take a walk.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Be sure to take everyones advice, or you might get a spanking like me, LOL!

I was having the same problem, lagging like shit, couldnt boost past 15psi, and wouldnt get that till near red line...

I was telling IdealSupra that I had a lag monster and I hated it and cried like a bitch: and he said, wait till you get boost on it, it wont be laggy... He also mentioned it was my wastegate and its spring... *THERE JAY! PROPS FOR YOU!*

Anyway, I got my hands on a TiAL 38mm waste gate with a 9psi spring, and NOW I can hit 21 pounds of boost by 4000rpms...

What kind of wastegate are you using? How big is the A/R on yur turbine?

And I agree with many others here: DONT LET ANYONE TEST DRIVE YOUR RIDE! EVAR!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
.. i'm a dummy.
RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT PLEASE??!?!!

i'll leave it. so people know what NOT to ask. lol
thanks, Ian.
its late(almost midnight, here), i'm not thinking. blah blah excuses. lol

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Drive the car yourself and see where you get full boost. Your mechanic sounds like he doesn't have much experience with imports. In higher gears, you should get 10psi well before 4k rpm with that size turbo.