Turbo A Ducts (Genuine)- Still in Demand?

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
(not sure if i have posted in the right area so mods feel free to move it)

Hey guys,

I have been looking for a Genuine Toyota, Turbo A Duct for myself and i might be able to get my hands on a few.

After a quick search, I see that they have gone or about $400-$500 - might be able to do better than that

So is there any interest in these?

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
I bet if you went to a body shop or some place that fabs body kits, they could EASILY make you one for a lot less.

Seriously, other than the bragging rights, what's the point of getting a genuine turbo A duct?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Mastapip;1448649 said:
I bet if you went to a body shop or some place that fabs body kits, they could EASILY make you one for a lot less.

Seriously, other than the bragging rights, what's the point of getting a genuine turbo A duct?

It actually fits, has proper mounting hardware, and is made from much higher quality material. Every copy I've seen comes out of the mold warped all to hell and comes with zero mounting hardware.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The simple fact that all the copies are shit and their fitment refects that. The ONLY one that is a decent copy is the ab-flug (pentroof) that runs around $300 and still isn't as good as the real thing.

Real thing is polyurethane like the bumper covers, all the copies are fiberglass.

EDIT: beat by Zach LOL

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I have an OEM A-duct, and at the same time I had an Ab-Flug. The OEM piece far surpasses the Ab-Flug duct in quality. I think I sold the replica for $250. I am now very against replicas. LOL. I paid around $500 for the OEM.

shaeff is in a high horse.

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
I am still waiting to hear back from Toyota but will update as soon as i can :)

grimreaper;1448624 said:
not at that price! how much better you think you can do?

It will all depend on the cost that i can get them from Toyota. Will update this as soon as i know!

Zach;1448660 said:
It actually fits, has proper mounting hardware, and is made from much higher quality material. Every copy I've seen comes out of the mold warped all to hell and comes with zero mounting hardware.

Poodles;1448663 said:
The simple fact that all the copies are shit and their fitment refects that. The ONLY one that is a decent copy is the ab-flug (pentroof) that runs around $300 and still isn't as good as the real thing.

Real thing is polyurethane like the bumper covers, all the copies are fiberglass.

EDIT: beat by Zach LOL

This is good to know guys, cheers. I was looking at the copies but decided to go genuine. www.rhdjapan.com had replicas listed at some ridiclous price :eek:

shaeff;1448665 said:
I have an OEM A-duct, and at the same time I had an Ab-Flug. The OEM piece far surpasses the Ab-Flug duct in quality. I think I sold the replica for $250. I am now very against replicas. LOL. I paid around $500 for the OEM.

shaeff is in a high horse.

Its good to hear this about the OEM ones. Only thing i will need to do is make room in the crash bar for the duct.

MrOizo

May 24, 2008
Auckland, New Zealand
Well I thought it was about time that I updated this.

I had 2 friends at 2 different dealerships chase this up for me with no luck.
Apparently Toyota Japan don't have any in stock, aren't making these anymore and don't even have the molds to make anymore.

Will have to keep my eye out for one in the future. A friend of a friend recently bought a TurboA and it's got a BHG and off the road for a while so could try convince him to make a copy or something :)