Turbans instead of Helmets?

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
MassSupra89;927477 said:
Ridiculous. If the turban is so important. He can sacrifice riding priveleges all together.

EXACTLY. i am so sick of everyone here abiding to everyone else's needs and wants, in sacrifice of their own. I remember when the Mounties used to have to wear the hats as part of their uniform. But no, some fuck head decided that he has religious freedom and can instead wear a turban... Like it's one thing to have freedom, but to knowingly go into a field where you know it is going to compromised is just stupid.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
I like motorcycles and rode for years without a helmet most of the time. Then I found out how dangerous it can be.
I did not start wearing one, I got rid of my bike.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I'd say let him ride w/o his helmet. It's his domepiece. I personally wear a helmet everywhere when I'm riding. Plus the military says I have to. If I die without having a helmet on while riding, my life insurance is out the window. So, my head and my family are more important than that.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
So if its my religion to carry a gun with me at all times no matter where i am... i should be allowed onto a plane without having to remove it? I mean... its my religious right? lol

Fuck them, they can either follow the law or get rid of the bike...

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Technically in GA our helmet law doesnt say you have to wear a helmet..it just says "protective head gear" or something like that.
I would still wear a helmet if i had a bike tho. Let him die if he wants.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol, I'm imagining this guy on a 'Busa...

I dont understand how people can ride w/o helmets. If I'm driving a few blocks in town, maybe, but anything over 30 and my eyes start watering and I can't see anything.

Perfect example of when the government should play the 'stfu' card.

Push

Cressida
Aug 28, 2005
Naperville, IL
I believe in the same religion.... Sikhism... I personally think hes an idiot for taking it to court... If he wants to ride a bike he can tie up his hair, and wear a helmet... You can be seen outside the house without a turban, my dad wears a baseball camp all the time when he goes out for walks/jogging...

Push

Cressida
Aug 28, 2005
Naperville, IL
j3pz;927551 said:
let his god protect him. if it is allah's will that he crack his piece, then so be it. however had i even owned a bike, id grab a helmet

hey jackass, sikhism is not muslim...

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
MassSupra89;927477 said:
Ridiculous. If the turban is so important. He can sacrifice riding priveleges all together.

CUE EFF TEE

If the turban is so important, then stay the fuck off a motorcycle. It's really simple!

Some motorcycle riders come up with the lamest reasons to justify riding a bike without gear. I just don't get it.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
The shitty thing is that when these morons go down, they put additional strain on our health care system. If it weren't for that, I would not give a fuck. They can kill themselves all they want and it won't bother me in the slightest.:)

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, the strain on health care is from illegals. Strain from motorcylce crashes is gonna be a minority.

The right to control your OWN life and not wear a helmet if you choose not to should be the way it is. How is that guy hurting you not wearing one? Why can't you commit suicide?

We're moving closer and closer to a police state.

mkiiSupraMan18: Most states without helmet laws require eye protection for that reason.

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Actually it does put a strain on our health care system. Even if it is a small one it is a strain none the less. Remember that we have free health care here...sort of.
Our collective tax dollars pay for our health care. If some idiot on a bike with no helmet gets seriously hurt and has to undergo numerous operations and spend months in hospital it costs US money, and it WILL happen. It already does, we don't need to make the situation worse.

Illegals might put a strain on Texas' health care system but this is Ontario...it's a little different here, like...3000km different.

It is not nor has it ever been a constitutional right to ride a motor bike, it is a priveledge. Laws govern that priveledge to prevent stupid people from doing stupid things.

When there is a fatal crash it costs TONS of money in investigations. It is far more likely that you will be killed if you are not wearing a helmet. We end up paying for it. This whole thing is so stupid it's not even funny.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
This is so easy it's remarkable nobody has figured it out yet.

1. Repeal the helmet laws. For EVERYONE, I don't give a shit what your religion is.
2. Deny anyone who gets in an accident without a helmet any health insurance coverage. If they can't afford the bills, they die - but they don't affect the rest of the system with their stupidity.
3. Profit.