Tubular Chassis Components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I opted to fill my framerails with high density foam. Info: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21218

img048.jpg

img039.jpg

img046.jpg

img043.jpg

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
funky_monkey58;1324286 said:
Not heavy at all. turn up the boost a couple more psi.

when your trying to make min competition weight 20 lbs is a big deal and i know those weigh more. they look nicely fabricated but a bit overkill in my opinion. someone needs to do a torsional rigidity test on a targa and non targa shell. its not hard you just need a frame table.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
supraguru05;1328268 said:
when your trying to make min competition weight 20 lbs is a big deal and i know those weigh more. they look nicely fabricated but a bit overkill in my opinion. someone needs to do a torsional rigidity test on a targa and non targa shell. its not hard you just need a frame table.
For the handful of people out there that this is an issue for they can just pass on them.

I will be making a jig next week and offering them for sale then.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
I would guess that the majority of people on this site are not looking for absolute weight savings because of race applications. I personally would not mind having a little bit heavier car if it were to stiffen the hell out of it.

Besides... maybe there needs to be a driver weight mod instead :sarcasm:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Hmmm.

So did we get any pictures or just that one???

<- has finger on the close thread button.

On second thought thread closed. Neo. Once you get components built. Post pictures. Same for everyone else. No need for this thread to live longer as it is turning into peddling of items.

Status
Not open for further replies.