trash the hood supports

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:

lol, don't have the hood (yet), but it's on my list...

might have to get one of those uber extendable prop rods form craftsman or snap-on that uses the latch to hold it up...

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
Looks like all he's doing is buying from the local parts shops. You can get ANY hood/hatch strut at ANY parts store. These aren't rare things guys...

That is exactly right.

You CAN go to any parts store and buy these, but some people don't have a local parts store or live in some distant country. On top of that, if you were getting other things, adding a couple of hood struts would actually save you money since there would be no tax and no time wasted standing in line at the parts store.

Phantom

Dec 9, 2005
Los Angeles
I just got my hood struts from Autozone for like $17.99 each. Well worth it.

I was also getting the rear hatch struts, but for some reason it didn't come with all the necessary hardwares and I had to return them. They were $29.99 each and no hardware. I asked Autozone if they even sold the hardwares seperately and they said they didn't.

I asked many auto parts store around my area (Pepboys, other Autozones, Kragens, NAPA) and they just tell me they don't have it. Anyone know where I can get a set for rear hatch struts?