to4e turbine housing downpipe

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
Hi Guys,
I have had to replace the turbine housing for my to4e turbocharger.I have been told that downpipe elbow that connects to turbine housing is held together by a compresion ring setup.Does any-one have any photos?.Also Can I buy this turbo elbow and weld it to rest of my downpipe ?.
Thanks,
Ronnie.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I think this is what you are talking about. First pic is of the actual downpipe with band around it, second pic is of it installed to the turbo.
eric
Pictures courtesy of Dan McCormack.

**edit**
3rd pic is of an actual V-band style clamp, and the 2 other pieces are the parts it clamps around. One welds to the turbo and one to the downpipe. Some turbos might already have one installed.
eric

Attachments

• sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 95
  • sm2.jpg
    sm2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 77
  • VBand_Clamps_Stainless_Steel.jpg
    VBand_Clamps_Stainless_Steel.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 39

Bryan92t

I too have a TO4E that im trying to find what clamp/band i need for it.
It came with the HKS (Long Runner Cast) Turbo Kit.
I know its not the typical V-band like the 3rd pic above.
This compression ring setup may be what i need also.

Here are pics of the turbo.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 58

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Those style of exhaust housings always confused me. They are inset, so it looks like something goes into it, but I'm pretty sure you have to weld a v-band clamp adaptor on to the ridge to mate it up with a downpipe. If I am wrong somebody please correct me but I don't know any style of clamp that attaches to that housing the way it sits right now.
eric

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
My old to4e housing had an adaptor that fitted onto the exhaust housing.It look like the 2 pieces in the photos that Dan supplied,But instead of a circular flange ,it had a square flange with 4 bolt holes that I could bolt the down-pipe to.
It had a piece that slotted into the circular groove on the turbine housing and it also had a compression ring.Maybe this compression ring kept the flange attached to the turbine housing.There was 4 small welds that also attached the flange to the turbine housing.These 4 small welds are not strong enough to keep the 2 pieces together on it's own.
I can't use the old flange because it is damaged.
Ronnie.

abustiffy

Apr 13, 2005
in a house
This compression fitting is also called a euro housing. It is not a v band. there is a part that slides into the housing with the rings on it, then there will be brackets that bolt to the housing on the center section side then go to the dp, where they will bolt to it.

CassMori

Boost Addict
Bryan92t said:
I too have a TO4E that im trying to find what clamp/band i need for it.
It came with the HKS (Long Runner Cast) Turbo Kit.
I know its not the typical V-band like the 3rd pic above.
This compression ring setup may be what i need also.

Here are pics of the turbo.

sorry to resurrect an old thread like this, but did you find what you needed for this turbo, Bryan92t? I've been looking for the same info, and haven't found anything.

ronniek

Authorized Vendor
May 2, 2005
auckland
I gave up looking for one and ended up re-using the flange from the old turbo housing.I found a good company just down the road which specializes in cast iron welding.
Ronnie.