To targa or not to targa?

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
TARGA!!!!

Oh man, its actually really funny. When I first got it and first took the targa off, it took me 10 minutes and then I went for a drive on a windy, bumpy road. I thought, what the hell, 20 minutes total time just to make it so I have chassis flex like hell? So, I went out and bought a subwoofer, and made a cut out in my trunk and put it right in the way of the targa holder in teh trunk. Well, I never ended up wiring it (amp was bad, guy who sold it loed, so I spent my money on a new amp). Over the summer, I commuted 4 days a week to classes across the bay. I had my top off EVERY DAY. I would literally fly over the Dumbarton Bridge, over the Bay, at 100 miles an hour, sun shining on me, techno music blaring (yes you hafta have techno for speeding over teh bay, just a special feeling). Honestly, even when I felt shitty, I couldn't help smiling. I even shouted and threw my hands up into the wind a few days, just sort of sitting there enjoying life. It was seriously a great strees reliever. Needless to say the sub is sitting in my room right now...
I now am going to get a new box made for the sub, because I can't live without it. I use it tons. The weather in CA is perfect for it, so I can use it most of the year I'm thinking. And yeah, girls are a lot more interested in the car when they find out the top comes off :D

/targa love story

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
I have owned a hardtop. It was my first. Now I have a targa 'cause that's what I wanted. Not much of a profiler but I do like having that top off and so does Wifey and my kids. Bought the car in May and never once did I use the AC over the summer. Didn't work anyway lol.

Yeah there is body flex but so does a newer Saab convertible! Remove the roof of any vechicle and it will flex more than a hardtop, its inherent with the design.
That open air feeling just does something that is just intoxicating like ChadMKIII describes. Natural High. Targa, Targa, Targa thats whuts up........or off.

Locks in the wind, packin plenty a boost....... I'm out!

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
1989MKIII said:
i couldnt own anything but a targa, i like the targa, if it was 50 or above and not raining/snowing here in missouri, i had it out.
I know all about Missouri weather...so fuggin unpredictable.

IJ said:
Northstar24 said:
And we all know that topless is better in almost all situations

If you can ignore the Weight, Leaks, and lack of Rigidity that is ;)

If Australian topless women are fat, leaky and limp...then I'm not sure I wan't to go to Australia anymore...:D

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I think that if you have a Mk3...have a Targa. It sets it apart from so many other sports cars. From a sports car point of view...convertibles are gay/womanly, hardtops are just common...targa's are sick. The car also "feels" lighter and smaller with the targa out. I take it out every chance I get...

Northstar24

7M FTW
May 19, 2005
Menomonee Falls, WI
My Supra is definitely a street car, so the whole rigidity thing isnt that big of an issue, and my targa doesnt leak

And we all know the Supra was big boned......nothing that a few choice bolt on's cant take care of

And if thats the way your women are in Australia IJ.....I truly feel for you :nono:

SupraDread

Aug 21, 2006
New York
Boost Lee said:
I love my LIGHTWEIGHT Hardtop Supra...

All 3,228lbs of it.

Whuts not to luv?:icon_bigg some guys consider themselves ass men some consider themselves as a tit man. Either way u can't go wrong!:biglaugh:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I use a B&D cordless ratchet with a 6mm hex tip. I can take the targa off or put it on in 30 seconds! With front, middle, and rear chassis bar braces the flex is very minimal. Just a bit of occasional shimmy. My targa has been out all summer and it is SO worth it. I originally wanted a sunroof and thought I'd never use the targa, but it is better. (Apparently Mk3 sunroofs only open 1/2 way!)