• Sell!

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
First off this has nothing to do with my purple / carbon fiber project car being for sale or any of those parts. My maroon 87 Turbo 5 speed Targa daily driver that I've debated selling on and off for the last 2 years ( listed it 3 or 4 times, then didn't pursue ). I actually have a what sounds like very serious buyer interested in it for once. So this leaves me at the same debate again. I will list off the pro's and con's of keeping and selling, and I would appreciate any input.

Keeping Pro's -

Replaced a lot of major things ( Brakes, Clutch, Lines, MHG+ARP's, Tires, Starter )

Get to drive a Supra

If I sell it, I might get an itch for another one so bad that I make the same mistake I made by buying this one in the first place. I had the purple car project when I bought this so I didn't need it.

I know everything about it, and I know exactly what's been done to it.

Selling Pro's -

Can buy a more responsible car ( Corolla or something ).

Can drive replacement car in winter ( I refuse to drive my Supra in winter ). This is probably the biggest con.

Extra money?

Can concentrate on my purple project car better ( but it will take years to get done even so... so will I get the itch again? ).

Will miss going to Supra meets ( mainly in a Supra ).

Feel bad not being able to dedicate much on my money to keeping it nice. Very hard to do so when you spend it on another car.

Older, always daily driven MK3. Falling apart slowly.

If I keep it I know I'll drop a few k on it.

Will miss it in general. Been through hell and back with this car as well as my purple car.

The guy who is interested actually sounds like he wants to keep it nice / make it nice, not as much fast.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
I started regretting the sale of my white supra when I saw pull away.

Man I wish I didn't do it. At that time, I had three supras.

I only have one now, and my motor has been apart for two years.

Needless to say, I have the itch BAD!

I wouldn't unless you have another boosted car to get you by until the purple one is ready.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
If it has been reliable for the most part, on the road more than off, keep it.

I know the feeling of letting a car you loved go away, it sucks, you'll regret it forever. I just recently sold my jeep that was reliable and not stop running to the point of being 2 quarts low on oil, it never got stuck, well except for on stupid shit like high centered in a parking spot that a civic just pulled out of, don't ask. Went through 3 feet of snow no problem, 4x4 worked great, walked around cars with no problem in some of the worst snowstorm in years, worst decision to get rid of it.

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
Just buy a civic instead, it's just as fast as an n/a. lol

ooorrr get yourself a fun daily like a 240sx with a dohc and put a nice clutch in it.

you'll still have fun w/o the costs of maintaining a supra! plus you'll get excellent mpg's

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I'd sell it. This coming from someone who has a big project Supra, a "reliable DD" Supra, and 2 legacy wagons, one summer DD and one winter car.

Buy a Subaru, enjoy doing nothing to it. Finish the purple car!

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I almost cried when the kid drove off in my old 87. he leaves the lot bouncing the car off the limiter in first, grinds the hell out of second takes it to the limiter, grinds third chirps, and you can hear him bouncing off the limiter again in the distance,,,,, i dont think that car lasted the rest of the week....

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Well, think of it this way, if it's not enough money you'll regret selling and end up buying another in short order... If it's a great price, then you can dump the money into the other car LOL

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
SupraSean;1541951 said:
I almost cried when the kid drove off in my old 87. he leaves the lot bouncing the car off the limiter in first, grinds the hell out of second takes it to the limiter, grinds third chirps, and you can hear him bouncing off the limiter again in the distance,,,,, i dont think that car lasted the rest of the week....

That's what scares most folks, I can only imagine how mine were treated when they were stolen..:(