To jack up the supra... (Need Help )

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
IJ.;1294035 said:
Had this happen in the past I ended up popping a stub axle and filling through there ;)

lol, there's no stopping you.

As for the pinch weld, over time some of them just degrade. I've seen some cars including supras where they could practically be disintegrated with fingers.

The way I learned to use the jack/stand combo was to jack it up, place the stand in the appropriate location(s). Ease it down on to the stands. Tighten back up the jack, jack it up until there is contact again, maybe a cm more on the handle.

Basically they are still resting on the stand with some "assistance" from the jack.

When I went to school, that's the same method they used.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
lol..I use the stock jacking points with my floor jack all the time.. and stick the jack stands under the frame rails.

And yes, someone forgot to mention to you to remove the fill plug before the drain plug, for this very reason. oops.

When I went to school.....we just used car lifts. :dunno:

Ryan

Mar 22, 2009
Waterford
Also what color should the trans fluid and differential fluid be?
Im sorry about asking alot of questins but I really dont have anyone to teach me.

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
I'm suprised at the how there is a spread of where people think (and are) jacking their car up. Might be a topic where some reference may be of use.

I've always just used what i found in the TSRM, though i have yet to understand exactly what they mean by 'support of differential carrier'.

IN_012.gif

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
IJ.;1294152 said:
Tell me you're kidding about the Rad support.... please..

Front cross member maybe if you can get a jack under it.

I hope he didn't mean rad support. I have to put a jack under the pinchweld, get the front end up alittle then throw another under the crossmember. Then jackstand the pinchweld's in the front. Never had a problem, Chrysler minivans seem to be the most common pinchwelds to crush when using a floor jack.

A kid in highschool was jacking up his mustang, throw the jack under the car, didn't even look, after about 6 pumps and the car not budging he looked in the door and it bent the floor up 3 or 4 inches haha.

wolfman_matt

Stocker
May 8, 2008
Apex, NC
So I tried to get under my new Supra for the first time today to change the oil and found that I can't get my jack under the front cross member (which is what I do with all my other vehicles). I have used the pinch points in the past with my other vehicles when rotating tires. Are the pinch points that much weaker on Supra's than other vehicles? Do they make low profile jacks that will fit under the cross member? Or have others had success with Mass' approach?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Exactly why I don't use it LOL

My pinch welds are fine, and the only thing messed up was my old oil pan (it's sitting in the garage somewhere)