Tn Supra Owners Registry

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
i dont know them, but i have seen the car before. Hopefully i will get to know all of you guys soon as i can get mine running. Or if you want to help me work on mine, your more than welcome too :D

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
Sweetwater is about 30 min shout of K-town. I work in alcoa right now at the Air Base. Mine is missing the head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and turbo off its 7m. Its a factory turbo car thats automatic. Im building a 1.5jz engine for it. So, all of that stuff is being yanked out. If you know anyone who might be interested in some of my stock parts.. i will let them go for CHEAP.

-Thomas

SupraBro

NAME: brandon grubbs

SUPRA: red 88 turbo 5speed targa

city you live in: lavergne tn

hobbies: guitar playing, my supra, chilling with my friends

upgrades to car: rc 550, lafm, 3in down pipe, walboro 255, boost control, weisco pistons, arp headbolts, hks headgasket

(i will post up some pics tonight)

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
skull;1478393 said:
Sweetwater is about 30 min shout of K-town. I work in alcoa right now at the Air Base. Mine is missing the head, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, and turbo off its 7m. Its a factory turbo car thats automatic. Im building a 1.5jz engine for it. So, all of that stuff is being yanked out. If you know anyone who might be interested in some of my stock parts.. i will let them go for CHEAP.

-Thomas

Sweetwater boy. ya'll got some fast shit up there!

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
yeah, my subaru used to be the fastest import here. Most of the domest guys didnt even want to get ahold of me. But, im gutting that car to use parts to build my supra.

Igottwormms

May 11, 2010
TN
singlessevilla-es.com
Name: Craig
Year of car: 1988 N/A 5 speed targa red
Contact info: pm me here if ya need to contact me
City you live in: Kingsport, TN
Hobbies: Snowboarding, skateboarding, BMX, screen printing, ps3 and pc games
Upgrades to your car:

This is my second '88 Supra N/A. The last one had over 212k miles and had salvaged a few supras from junk yards getting all the pieces I could to fix it up right. Drove it for about a year and decided to trade it in on another car (not a supra). I recently was browsing Craig's list and found one for sell close by with 174k miles on it and decided to go take a look. Car wasn't running but did look to be in much better shape than my last supra. Paint looked fairly decent, interior was all there with only a couple small tears in the seats. I got it towed to my house, fiddled with it some and changed the spark plugs and wires and has been running well ever since. I noticed it had a head gasket and timing belt replaced about 20k miles ago and hope it hold up for a while longer before another bhg. Had to replace tires, recently received 4 d & s rotors in the mail to replace the overly rusted and worn original rotors. Car had a pace setter headers and downpipe with the rest damaged so got some new piping from the down pipe to the muffler w/o cat. I don't have too many plans to do many upgrades. I just want to have the car running and looking good. I do plan on getting another supra before too long with a turbo and that will be a car I will be modding. I don't have a pic from my phone yet but if ya really want to see it just imagine a red 1988 toyota supra with some light paint fading and aftermarket rims lol. When I get pics transferred to my pc I'll post em :p

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
skull;1555746 said:
yeah, my subaru used to be the fastest import here. Most of the domest guys didnt even want to get ahold of me. But, im gutting that car to use parts to build my supra.

Yeah ive drivin to sweetwater to watch some races. some fast mustangs there! yall crazy you mutherfuckers prep the freaking street. and run them 5sec cars on a little two lane road!!!

salomon68

welkin
Feb 5, 2007
Knoxville
Name: Morgan
Year of Car: 1987 NA Targa
Contact Info: PM me
City: Knoxvegas
Hobbies: music, guitar, working to make money only to pour it into a black car on jackstands under my carport (aka my supra)
Upgrades: nothing really, just wanting to get it to stock specs. I'm putting SS brake lines on it now, along with new rotors, pads, and calipers. I have plans for the future though.

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
Just bought a second mkIII, picked up a 90 turbo targa 5sp up in north knox. It has some issues but lookin forward to the project. Time to sell my red n/a targa. It will be up in the classifieds section next week.

oh..never did this last time I posted on this thread.

Name: Mike
Year of Car: 1990 turbo targa 5sp Black; 1988 NA Targa 5sp Red
Contact Info: PM me
City: Maryville
Hobbies: bunch a stuff
Upgrades: not much, some exaust stuff

Name: Jeff
year of car :1991 Na 5spd Rollin White with blue interior (clean)
Contact Info: Pm me
City: Strawberry Plains (20 min north of Knoxville)
Hobbies: Riding atv and dirtbikes, Supra's
Uprgrades: Not a thing yet... future 1jz or 2jz Cant

Last edited:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SupraDuD3;1664759 said:
ok guyz just got another mk3 and its got a 2jz crammed it it! i believe i am the first guy here in knox 2 have a 2jz swapped mk3!

Throw up some pictures! How much did you pick it up for? 2jzge or gte?

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
p1668796_1.jpg

p1668796_2.jpg

p1668796_3.jpg

p1668796_4.jpg

p1668796_5.jpg

p1668796_6.jpg

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
O wow, nice. Finally someone else in tn that has a gte swapped 2jz MKIII. I've been the only guy for a long time, sucks your in Knox though :/ lol

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
SupraDuD3;1669350 said:
pfft u think i care 2 take a drive 2 chill wit a supra buddy??? hell no! lol i love nashvegas neways. u been 2 knox?

Only a few times when I was going to college at TTU, but other than that not really. To far and never had the need to go. lol