Tires keep breakin loose in WOT.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Exactly what tires are you running in the rear, which Bridgestone? 245/_ SR,HR,ZR?/ 17,18,19? Load index ( two digit number followed by a letter).

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Just trying to figure out what kind of tire you have. Certain tire compounds hook better than others, if the ground is cold forget about it all together.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I have Yokohama es100's 275/35, and they break loose in second and third on even flat/ dry pavement once I hit about 6psi. I have to be aware of what's going
On like when I'm entering the interstate from a on-ramp. If I get too aggressive then things can get scary. Its good to be aware of your car's limits though.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
When you get over 350-400rwhp, traction really starts dropping off, especially the colder it is outside. I recently switched to 285 Nitto DR's in the rear. What a huge difference.. I can actually put all the power down in first gear now on a semi warm day.

sharpsupra

Aug 14, 2011
georgia
87Burg7mgte;1773138 said:
weird, my car has never burned tire since i've owned it...or maybe im a grandpa driver
not crazy about runin my car that hard either....but hey....whateva floats yer boat lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Something doesn't add up with 275's breaking loose at 6psi; but, that's why I asked about his tire condition.

I hope he doesn't take offense because I'm from Chalmette and for all I know, he and I could be cousins! :biglaugh:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
sharpsupra;1773156 said:
not crazy about runin my car that hard either....but hey....whateva floats yer boat lol

Rolling into boost and having it break traction is not "ruining" your car...it's called having a shitload of power.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Well OP I see you are in Wisconsin like me. When its cold out, if your car makes power, and you do nothing to put some temperature into the rubber you are going to spin tires. Both my Supras spin 2nd hard in the spring and fall with high grip level road race style tires. Since you chose an all season tire your tire compound also has less overall grip potential compared to something in the extreme performance summer category, but again you need to get the compound to the correct temperature for it to be effective.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
saying you have 'bridgestones' doesnt tell anyone anything

as stated before the size doesnt matter quite as much as compound/tread.. road conditions are also a huge factor

we just put bridgestone potenza re01's on our 350z (255/40 on rear).. on a cold day i'm sure they'd break lose because they are not meant for 30 degree days.. anyother time i'd be suprised if they didnt grip nicely

I just bought a new set of DD tires for my supra.. I went with eagle f1 gs-d3 if i remember correctly.. 255 in the rear as well

just because you are breaking lose it dosent mean your car has a lot of power.. hondas do it all the time :icon_bigg

mk3-4-me

May 19, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Lol well I was just wondering cause Im goin about 45-50 mph when it breaks loose. Its just once it hits 10 lbs, it breaks out.

It's happened on a 60+ degree day and I know it's not that warm. But I just wanted to know if it was normal or not.

And I know most of the hondas out here don't break loose like I do. Lol I know I've got some power. They've gotta pop the clutch.

I should be getting some 295 drag radial soon, so hopefully that will suffice. :p

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
mk3-4-me;1773288 said:
I should be getting some 295 drag radial soon, so hopefully that will suffice. :p

You'll need the right wheel/offset/spacer combo to make that work. (not all three; but, you get my drift...) Rolling the fenders will make that a little easier also.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
87Burg7mgte;1773217 said:
Re-read his post...it says "runin"

Regardless, it's still not abusing the car.

Hell, during the winter, rolling into boost with a stockish car will end in wheelspin.

There's a whole lot going on here, cold road/tires, possibly hard tire compound, and a lot of power :rofl: