Tiger Japanese Rear Sump 1JZ

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I Recently purchased a 1j from tiger japanese with the wiring harness. Upon unwrapping it from the pallet. I realized that a section of harness(ignitor and body plugs section on a 7m) was cut off right at the intake. I assume they are for the same functions so I am already filing a claim about that. then i get it on a stand, and pull the intake piping off the turbo's....Awesome they're completely seized up...So i pull the valve covers and I suppose i should have expected it to look like it had been sitting for 5 years in a warehouse.. Disgustingly sludgy. so i drain the garbage out, and put less used oil in, pull the plugs(which just happen to be Real HKS plugs, lol) and start rolling the motor over to get the juices flowing. Now the turbos will spin, but not at all freely. Im planning on filing a claim with that also, but idk if i even should. I paid 1500 bux for this and 2 out of the 3 main things with it are ***ked up. I didnt know if Anyone else has had problems like this before with engine dealers, Just wanted to share my experience.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Zerolift. They do a lot of business with the 240 guys.

I got mine from Jdm engine corp.

But got one from Venus imports in sac. Picked it up tho.

eBay and google names of the sellers for reviews. A couple bad reviews is ok as they all will have a bad review here and there. Tiger has a lot tho.

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Venus importer in Sacramento ca i got my rear sump 1j with all sensors 1k there supra front clips go for 2500 just throwing it out there

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I wouldn't even buy shoes online let alone an engine. Its worth a trip to see what your getting in person.I went to L.A. to get mine and had it shipped to kuwait,all in all my 1j swap was around 6k for everything but worth it to me.
Then I find a shop here that has over 20 1j's and a few 2j's with getrags.I'll probaly ship one back to Arizona when I go back permanently.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
SupraSean;1887639 said:
I Recently purchased a 1j from tiger japanese with the wiring harness. Upon unwrapping it from the pallet. I realized that a section of harness(ignitor and body plugs section on a 7m) was cut off right at the intake. I assume they are for the same functions so I am already filing a claim about that. then i get it on a stand, and pull the intake piping off the turbo's....Awesome they're completely seized up...So i pull the valve covers and I suppose i should have expected it to look like it had been sitting for 5 years in a warehouse.. Disgustingly sludgy. so i drain the garbage out, and put less used oil in, pull the plugs(which just happen to be Real HKS plugs, lol) and start rolling the motor over to get the juices flowing. Now the turbos will spin, but not at all freely. Im planning on filing a claim with that also, but idk if i even should. I paid 1500 bux for this and 2 out of the 3 main things with it are ***ked up. I didnt know if Anyone else has had problems like this before with engine dealers, Just wanted to share my experience.

same thing here man. i bought a motor off them also. demanded it be a rear sump (preferably JZA70) with complete uncut JZA70 harness and ECU. it came in i got a rear sump JZ but JZZ30 ecu and hacked harness. i paid $2250 at the time. i put a claim and they asked me to send the whole thing back but i would have to pay to ship back and a 25% restocking fee. i just blew close to $5k at the time so money was tight and couldn't just drop that kinda money. i bit the bullet and made what i had work for me. :/

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
87supraguy;1888157 said:
same thing here man. i bought a motor off them also. demanded it be a rear sump (preferably JZA70) with complete uncut JZA70 harness and ECU. it came in i got a rear sump JZ but JZZ30 ecu and hacked harness. i paid $2250 at the time. i put a claim and they asked me to send the whole thing back but i would have to pay to ship back and a 25% restocking fee. i just blew close to $5k at the time so money was tight and couldn't just drop that kinda money. i bit the bullet and made what i had work for me. :/
***k that shit, You pay someone for a product and come to an agreement about what you are generally getting, and when you recieve your product it is in such a state of dis-repair that you almost have to tear it down to be able to even use it.Why the hell should i have to pay shipping AGAIN, for something that THEY screwed up? It doesnt make sense, My money Spent just fine im sure. I'm still waiting to hear back on my claim.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just going to say this much: Any engine you buy used of this age, you should tear it down completely to inspect it, clean it, and replace all the gaskets and rubber seals/hoses. It really is cheap insurance, and better than a leak that you have to deal with later.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Just an update.. Also came to find that the harness and mount brackets where from a soarer. Now I just don't know how they can do that and expect good feedback. Basically took a soarer 1j and made it rear sump... Total bs.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
pretty sure my 1jz is a soarer's because I bought a short shifter and it didn't fit, a soarers/lexus' shifter housing is further ahead. mine is a jdm tt-r but the previous owner blew the original motor and swapped it. doesn't mean it won't work it just means you'll have some plugs that are useless. and the ecu will work for the motor as well so I don't know what your screaming about. the motor mounts might be no good but those wouldn't be too bad to ship back. thats what happens when you deal with a business that has a language barrier. they don't need to fix their customer service when half the people buying these motors are tearing down/building them right off the bat.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
Beals;1936943 said:
pretty sure my 1jz is a soarer's because I bought a short shifter and it didn't fit, a soarers/lexus' shifter housing is further ahead. mine is a jdm tt-r but the previous owner blew the original motor and swapped it. doesn't mean it won't work it just means you'll have some plugs that are useless. and the ecu will work for the motor as well so I don't know what your screaming about. the motor mounts might be no good but those wouldn't be too bad to ship back. thats what happens when you deal with a business that has a language barrier. they don't need to fix their customer service when half the people buying these motors are tearing down/building them right off the bat.

There is no language barrier because the guy I spoke to spoke perfect English. they just know most wont ship it back and pay the restocking fee. When in business integrity goes a long way. If i purchase Jza70 engine set off you and you say I'm being sent a jza70 engine set, that's what I expect!

kingrichard

Aug 5, 2008
philly
i just recently bought a 2j from them.. couple of issues, bad ac compressor told me they didnt have any more 2js to trade it with.. harness had some broken clips..(thats normal), turbos were blown... ... but i did a leakdown test and it had perfect pressure across all cylinders, pulled a valve cover and oil pan and all looks brand new inside.. so all in all not bad... but im close enough to drive there if i need to. I had a buddy pick up the motor for me..

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
When I was just looking around for places to buy a JZ motor from I have read countless threads on forums and such about Tiger Japanese motors being crappy with crappy service. I am glad the 2jzge VVTI out of an SC300 is from a good friend of mine who takes care of his cars. Quick question, that 2jzge vvti from the sc300 is rear sump right so I shouldn't have problems with it fitting in my 91 MK3 correct?