throwing code 43.

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
hello folks, to the best of my knowledge code 43 is ignition switch, but i dont know how to check to see if its the wiring or switch.

what is the proper procedure on testing the wiring and switch on a 1988 mk3 turbo?

car was auto has been converted to 5spd and uses the factory ign switch to start no start button or anything. could this be a problem?

im also wondering if the code is causing my car to die randomly while braking..

any help is appreciated, as always!

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Have you push started the car recently? If so just clear the code. If it comes back you'll need to determine why there's not 10-12 volts on the ecu's STA terminal during cranking. The signal comes from the same wire that triggers the starter. Your other problem is unrelated.

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
that makes sense.. what could be causing it to die? im guna start by running my stock by-pass valve instead of my vent-to-air bosch bov... that should help sense it usually dies right after i let off the throttle for more then a second. but any other ideas, any things you guys ran it to the made your cars die? il be glad to check on all ideas.. thanks!

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
jetjock;1818363 said:
Have you push started the car recently? If so just clear the code. If it comes back you'll need to determine why there's not 10-12 volts on the ecu's STA terminal during cranking. The signal comes from the same wire that triggers the starter. Your other problem is unrelated.
so it would be between the starter relay and the starter?