Throttle cable relocation?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
I searched for more than an hour but I couldnt find it. I thought I saw someones post about relocating their throttle cable but I couldnt find it.

If anyone remembers or knows where it is would you please post!?!?!

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
there was some one else that had the cable go under there intake and go up to the throttle bodie, you couldn't even see it on top pics of the engine.

very clean , i think this is the post he's looking for.

i cant find it, but it may be on supra fourms.

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Thats my setup in oldskool-nick's link. I have had a few people PM me asking how I did it so I will do a short writeup here to hopefully answer some questions.

I took all the brackets etc off the top of the engine, and cut the piece of the bracket that holds the cable. I don't have a pic but all you are trying to do is keep the section that the cable goes through, with a small 2inch piece of the bracket. There is a bolt hole already on your throttle body directly below the throttle plate actuator. Drill a hole in your newly cut bracket and bolt it on that hole.
Route the cable up through the intake runners so it comes out directly below your new bracket, it will slot in there just like it did on the top of your engine. You will still be able to adjust it using the two nuts to get the full range of movement.

Now for the throttle bellcrank. It will obviously be facing the wrong way, you need it to face down to meet your new cable.. Two ways to fix this. I used another bellcrank from a cressida, reason why is this, as you will see when you do this, the bellcrank fits over the bolt coming out of the throttle body with a flat section to stop it rotating on the throttle bolt. The cressida bellcrank has the matching slot cut 90 degrees off from the GTE one. Bolt it on and the cable lines up now. Second way would be to use your original bellcrank but drill the flat shaped slot out round, then rotate it 90 degrees and tack weld it back on so it won't slip around the bolt/shaft coming from the throttle plate.

Really tough to explain this without detailed pics, but if you are looking at your cable setup while reading this it will hopefully make more sense:biglaugh:

You will lose cruise with this setup, but who cares!!

Oh, and wills7mgte, I just changed my plugs tonight in about 5 minutes:naughty: Its easy now.

If there is enough interest I might pull my setup apart and take some pics.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Yankiwi Rocks!!!

His whole setup and car is sooooooo sweet!!!
+1 my friend always helpen out........................:icon_bigg

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Thats correct pimptrizkit thats the thread I was talking about. The one from the bottom, I didnt read the details when I first saw it so I wasnt sure if he did retain the cc or not.

Thats it, the yankiwi thread!!!

thanks guys thats awesome, you guys rock!!!!

BTW nice work yankiwi.

Last edited:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront