The Ultimate Daily Driver mkiii buildup.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
wassup Guys name is Ron, some of know me others dont.
Had a 4 mkiii's, did a 7m build up, 1j build up, switch platforms to the lexus sc 2jzge na-t buildup, then a sc400.
Well now im back where it all started with the mkiii supra.

The goals of this project isnt the most powerfull, fastest supra.

Its just to have all the qualities that I like and look for in current new production cars today. Speed, power, handling, some creature comforts, and most of all, reliability and just be fun to drive.

What i have is a 1987 originally 5spd turbo targa top with a blown headgasket that i picked up for $1500. Originally it was white but then was painted burgundy.
The previous owners did a full 89+ conversion, (3Piece wing is slightly off tho) 89 steering wheel, seatbelt guides and climate control.

everything else on the car is all original, no modifications at all. I have a fresh slate to start from

p1551615_1.jpg

p1551615_2.jpg

p1551615_3.jpg

p1551615_4.jpg

Goals for the car really is 400-450rwhp, Great handling, Full Functional Street car and Reliability.

Right now just doing basic bpu bic ddp full 3" exhaust, and hardpipes stock hg with arp studs and begin getting the fuel and electronics side of things ready for the forged motor that i will be building on the side to handle a small 62- 67mm t4 setup.

Also this burgundy interior will be swapped for either a shadow grey or converted to a black one.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Nice platform to start from. Looks to be pretty clean. And considering how much toyota experience you have should be easy to get what you want. I vote for shadow gray on the interior. ;)

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
lol and to think I'm only 21 lol. But yea I'll be finishing college soon, starting a new carreer and wll be moving out, I def wont be owning the supra when i have an apartment so this will be my last hoorah, my last build until i get a house with and a garage again lol.

Well be doing my very first mod today lol. Had some 89+ clear corners lying around in the garage getting put on

Soon the motor will be coming out to get clean up, fix the hg and and paint the engine bay.

Suprasonic19

2JZ no sh*t!
Mar 5, 2007
Stockton, CA
Youve had all those projects and only 21?! Damn man. Haha. And yea i live in an apartment right now and it sucks not having a garage. I cant do anything here otherwise they get all pissed. So i do all my detailing at the carwash and all my work and maintence at my job. If I didnt work at a shop I couldnt have it. Hopefully you'll be able to get it all good before you move so itll be reliable and happy so you wont need a garage to work on it!

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
yea my first supra was a 84 ptype when i was 16 and the modding bug started then lol.

Did the first mod to the car today, installed some clear corner lenses.

p1551788_1.jpg

p1551788_2.jpg

Also swapped door locks with some white doors i had lying around, There was no key for the locks that was on the door, just the key for the ignition so if the battery died and the hood was closed there was no way to unlock the door since i couldnt use the alarm since the batt would be dead.
well that is changed and fixed now.

still debating on turbo setup however.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
I should be pulling the motor out by the end of this week, I have a Black Lexus sc400 that i have to finish stripping that I'm currently parting out.
First on my list to do is
1) Pull The motor Out
2) Send the head to the machine shop to check for cracks and machine if necessary
3)Use new stock toyota hg with arp studs
4) paint the engine bay black, clean and paint every part on the motor while its out to make everything shiny and pretty lol
5) Install everything back and my first mod after will be divorced downpipe, full 3" exhaust no cats and my hks intake filter

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
IBoughtASupra;1552987 said:
Hey Ron, what machine shop are you using to rebuild your head?
Sk speed out in Longisland. I'm not having rebuild it, There going to just check for cracks, check for warpage, change the valve seals if necessary and machine it flat.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Nick M;1553079 said:
I like the idea. I am doing the same, but am not shooting for that much rwhp. The tires can only hold so much.

Lol thats true but i like it when your able to go sideways in 2nd and if u want too in 3rd, Thats true gross display of horsepower lol

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Got some progress on the Supra done today, Pulled the motor and tranny out this motor and got the motor set up on the engine stand. Taking a little break now to post some pics. Going to start stripping the motor today and pull the head off to send to the machine shop and try and start removing everybracket and begin degreasing it to get ready for the paint.

p1553923_1.jpg

p1553923_2.jpg

p1553923_3.jpg

p1553923_4.jpg

p1553923_5.jpg

Time to stack up on duplicolor high heat engine paint.

And Tomorow i will try to start removing everything from the engine bay to sand and respray it black since in the end the color of the car will be repainted black as well.

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
Good to see you back Ron!
Or should I say RON BURGUNDY!!

I knew you would come back to the darkside....even though power telescoping wheels are dope lol.

You selling the SC shell? I might have something lying around I could toss in it.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
DETONATION666;1553945 said:
Good to see you back Ron!
Or should I say RON BURGUNDY!!

I knew you would come back to the darkside....even though power telescoping wheels are dope lol.

You selling the SC shell? I might have something lying around I could toss in it.

sc shell junked already parting thebody out,

i still have the 1uzfe if u wanna do something crazy with it bro.

and i need a supra gas pedal this car is missing the actuall pedal only have the rod sticking down for it if you got one let me know.

queenskid926

Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Made some progress today, pulled the head off and sent it to the machine shop and the headgasket was definitely blown. Seperate from rings for the water jackets and actually broke off completely in one spot.

Head is at the machine shop. Hopefully i can get it back sometime early or mid next week so i can have this car ready for toyota day may 8th at e-town.

Got the block stripped today and clean degreased it getting it ready for paint. Also going to start cleaning degreasing sanding down other parts and brackets so everything will look all clean and pretty when its done. And so that i can spot leaks faster as well.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1554788_1.jpg

p1554788_2.jpg

p1554788_3.jpg

p1554788_4.jpg

p1554788_5.jpg

p1554788_6.jpg

p1554788_7.jpg

Making some progress. Hopefully tomorow ill have the block resprayed as well as all of the brakets, timing cover, and if im nice do the intake mani's as well.

Orderd some fipg from driftmotion, a 10an drain to go with my driftmotion ct26 soft lines i already had, and arp studs and new oem hg from toyota.

If I'm on schedule i will devote monday to starting to prep and paint the engine bay.