The UGLY Supra Thread...

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
89niner;1872705 said:
I have seen this car in person! and eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww lol
Yea so did I! I saw it on cl, then went to see it the next morning since i noticed it was a couple miles from where I live. Lol

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
if only I can purge my memory of such horrible things....

I feel sorry you guys have hard drive space for this

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Some people just have horrible, horrible taste. I mean, people bought the Pontiac Aztec.

I do suspect that most of the people who own the cars in this thread likely are the same people you see wearing things that make you wonder if they are homeless or just colorblind.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
#04;1872729 said:
I feel sorry you guys have hard drive space for this
Heh, for what it is worth, I think I have something like 7TB worth of space on my computer... when storage space is as cheap as it is, a folder of pictures like this to make yourself feel better about your own car is WELL worth the space. ;)

destrux;1872801 said:
Some people just have horrible, horrible taste. I mean, people bought the Pontiac Aztec.
You know... You would think that between the Aztec and the old AMC Eagle, that crossovers would not be anywhere near as popular as they are. At least the Eagle was capable, if not anywhere near good looking. A modern crossover though? It is a tall, poorly proportioned car. Reminds me of those weirdos who put old muscle cars on 4x4 frames. WHY?

On the subject of ugly cars and ugly Supras... anything I've seen in this thread still looks better than the best looking Buick Verano or whatever the hell they call them. :p

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
destrux;1872321 said:
Wow... who knew that putting a BMW grille on a MKIII would result in a Pontiac Grand-am. That's just awful. The Accord tails aren't too bad in comparison.

The red car looks like an origami project gone wrong.

I immediately thought Pontiac also, but more along the lines of a Grand Prix.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
mcammarn;1874054 said:
i dont know about you guys, but i think this looks ugly!
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/3263054422.html
You know, for $60,000, I would expect them to know that they have a car with an Abflug kit, not a Veilside...

ATcount.ashx

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RazoE;1874073 said:
*COUGH*thatisaveilsidekit*COUGH*

ironically I coughed as I typed that...
Well fuck me in the beard... looks an awful lot like that awful Abflug kit. Also, I see what you didn't want us to there. ;)

jdmfreak;1874085 said:
Wow i am impressed it takes a lot of money to make a mk4 look that ugly
Honestly, it is cheaper to make a Mk4 look good than to make it look bad. Just leave it close enough to stock and you keep it looking good. I can't honestly say that I've seen too many aftermarket kits for the Mk4 that do any better than Toyota did, they all seem to screw up the rear of the vehicle to me.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I was going to put a veilside MKIV in the first post.... but I wasn't sure the opinion of that kit around here. I'm not much of a fan of their outlandish crap myself. At least that one is silver. It could be yellow... or orange... or bass boat rainbow metal flake. Wait... there HAS to be a supra with bass boat paint... lets see what "metal flake supra" does in google images...

First search result was this car. It does have a Chevy small block, so at least that goofy ass hilborn scoop is functional. Apparently this was built by some kids in auto shop class. Overall the car isn't too bad, but that hood scoop made me chuckle.
DSC01208_0.JPG

This car also deserves some sort of mention here. I'm not sure but I think it's slowly exploding from all that bass.
picb_597.jpg

Ah... here's a MKIV that was painted with bass boat paint. The author of the magazine article actually compared it to women's eye make-up. No surprise on the veilside kit. Also no surprise it's a bone stock GE automatic. Oh, sorry. I forgot about the NOS. http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/perfcar3.htm
p_lge304.jpg

Ehh... I'm sure there's a worse one out there. One painted with that multi color boat paint that you see on the most expensive trophy bass boats. Speaking of that... did anyone know there's actually a bass boat company called Supra boats? Hmm.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1874332 said:
Hey hey, I actually kinds like the ab-flug kit...
I'm still torn, used to love it, but something about them just strikes me as odd about them. Not saying they look bad, and I would love to see what they would do to something mid-engined, but I don't know if it really suits the Supra.

destrux;1874401 said:
Speaking of that... did anyone know there's actually a bass boat company called Supra boats? Hmm.
Was just about to point that out, that it isn't quite so weird that it has bass boat paint on it...