the part where the wiring harness goes through the intake

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
any tricks to get the wires that run through the intake plenum disconnected.(7mge)
im changing the headgasket on my moms 89 and i unhooked the wires on my 89 while i had the motor 1/4 of the way out of the car.even then it was hard.so i dont know what the best route is ,do i take off the manifold or just go from the bottom of the car. i feel dumb asking this but i feel like someone who has done this 2 or 3 times might have a trick.like most of you guys have.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
no im changing the head gasket on my moms car.and im rebuilding my car, both are 89 n/a's. when i pulled the motor out of my car i waited till i had the motor pulled out some to make it easy to disconnect those wires that run threw the intake. but since im just trying to remove the head only i wanted to know if there was any advice ... sorry for the confusion.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
thats what i would do on mine but i dont want to make extrawork...i want to get this done asap,either way it will be done 2moro.i want to work on my car lol

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Leave both intake manifolds, in the car but unbolted from the head. Have someone hold it out of the way, while you pull the head. Then only the exhaust side stuff has to be unplugged.

7EMPIRE

Feb 23, 2010
Raliegh
SEE THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.i really appreciate that its such a simple idea yet...genius.:icon_bigg

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
I always take the upper intake manifold off, and then disconnect all of the plugs before removing the lower intake manifold. It's pretty straight forward.