Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
gaboonviper85;1625039 said:
Wolf is generally good plinking ammo...it's very dirty but it's pretty consistant.

Whatever you do just don't shoot non jacketed bullets from a factory glock barrel.

Glocks have polyangle rifled barrels - lead ammo is def not good!

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
MMMMM AWESOME ASS SCOPE!

p1625531_1.jpg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Reach out and touch a zombie? Jesus christ, that is a mighty large scope.

Laser came in today (more for shtf need to aim quickly .002% chance scenario than anything else except cool factor). I will have another range report this weekend with the laser installed, along with some pictures. For those wondering, it was this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...774312&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2024wt_905.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
foreverpsycotic;1625534 said:

Laser came in today (more for shtf need to aim quickly .002% chance scenario than anything else except cool factor). I will have another range report this weekend with the laser installed, along with some pictures. For those wondering, it was this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...774312&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2024wt_905.

Yep! And it has a massive range on it too. 4X16 50mm It's awesome!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
foreverpsycotic;1625534 said:

Now if you really want to reach out and touch a zombie:

attachment.php

8-32x 44mm Side Focus Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle :D

I'm currently shooting at golf balls @ 300 yds. Working my way up to 600 yds. :D

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1625587 said:
Now if you really want to reach out and touch a zombie:

attachment.php

8-32x 44mm Side Focus Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle :D

I'm currently shooting at golf balls @ 300 yds. Working my way up to 600 yds. :D

GOLF BALLS! DAMNIT I've been trying to figure out something to shoot at! I've got a ton of old computer hardware from the office I'll be shooting up tomorrow and sat. But the golf ball idea is awesome! Ty for that idea Mike, I've been shooting at metal red brick ties and quarters without the scope using hard-sites.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
SupraMario;1625531 said:
MMMMM AWESOME ASS SCOPE!

p1625620_1.jpg

Lol dude

considering the 223 round is pretty much useless after 600 yards i'd say that's a tad over kill especially on a carbine setup lol!

Also....you may want to bring the scope down lower...don't worry about the front sight as you won't see it threw the scope believe it or not.....consider looking into larue quick detach scope mount also so you can use your irons for close range plinking.

What moa is that scope rated at and does it repeat well when you make windage/elevation adjustments?

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
suprarich;1625214 said:
Anyone into High Standard?

No High Standard owners? I have a 60's model High Standard "Supermatic " "Trophy" 22LR from Hamden Conn. Used to use it in competition shooting. Nicest shooting hand gun I have ever used.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
suprarich;1625637 said:
No High Standard owners? I have a 60's model High Standard "Supermatic " "Trophy" 22LR from Hamden Conn. Used to use it in competition shooting. Nicest shooting hand gun I have ever used.

I may have heard about them in the past but I had to goggle it.

I haven't been paying much attention to other firearm mfg's lately....

Seriously considering trading my ar build for a m1 garand....something about them just screams GET OFF MY LAWN!

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
gaboonviper85;1625620 said:
Lol dude

considering the 223 round is pretty much useless after 600 yards i'd say that's a tad over kill especially on a carbine setup lol!

Also....you may want to bring the scope down lower...don't worry about the front sight as you won't see it threw the scope believe it or not.....consider looking into larue quick detach scope mount also so you can use your irons for close range plinking.

What moa is that scope rated at and does it repeat well when you make windage/elevation adjustments?

O I know, bought the scope because I figured when I do have a .308 chambered AR-10 I'll be able to use it, I felt I might as well go big now instead of buying a small scope and then upgrading constantly.

I've got a .5 inch and some low profile mounts that I'll be testing out also, this is mounted with the high rise mounts and 1" riser. I'm more worried about how comfortable I can see through it, I'll be adjusting with it hopefully today and tomorrow. I'll have to get you the MoA rating when I get home, don't have it off the top of my head, also just got the scope yesterday in the mail, I'll be testing it today/tomorrow.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1625600 said:
GOLF BALLS! DAMNIT I've been trying to figure out something to shoot at! I've got a ton of old computer hardware from the office I'll be shooting up tomorrow and sat. But the golf ball idea is awesome! Ty for that idea Mike, I've been shooting at metal red brick ties and quarters without the scope using hard-sites.

Get some old golf balls and a box of thumbtacks and some string. You stick the thumbtack in the ball, and then hang it on a string from a crossbar or tree limb. I have a target frame I made of 3/4" PVC pipe that I use.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, and damned satisfying when you hit the golf ball and it explodes.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1625757 said:
Get some old golf balls and a box of thumbtacks and some string. You stick the thumbtack in the ball, and then hang it on a string from a crossbar or tree limb. I have a target frame I made of 3/4" PVC pipe that I use.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, and damned satisfying when you hit the golf ball and it explodes.

SWEET! This is an awesome idea, my parents and I are building a house and garage on their new land and the plumbing is done for the garage so we have a good chunk of leftover PVC piping. Time to find some golf balls.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Went to the range with my dad and his freind taoday and shot a variety of guns: My Walther pk30, M59/66 SKS, M91/30, my dad's S+W Sigma .40, Chris's Sigma 9mm, S+W MP .40, and some little Ruger in .380. So I've put almost 200 hundred rounds through the PK380 now, and have had no FTFs and only one FTE. We put about the same amount thru the Sigma .40 and had zero issues with that gun, plus it seemed to be the most accurate of the pistols we shot. The sigma nien was alittle more comfortable to shoot than the Sigma 40, but I think the MP .40 was the most comfortable of the three Smiths we shot today. I hated the Ruger, it was too small to get your whole hand on, and the trigger pull was stupidly long. I love my Pk380, it's comfortable, and I'm sarting to get a decent grouping with that gun. The Sks was comfortable to shoot and after adjusting the rear sight a lttle bit, we were able to get the bullets to hit towards the middle of the taget, but a littel to the right. A littel more time with that rifle should take care of that. The Mosin m91/30 kicks like a mule but is fun to shoot. I can get a tight grouping with that gun after a slight sight adjustment. All in all, had a fun time at the range, And Ill get some video clips up later this week.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Went to the range with a friend of mine who just bought his second M1 Garand. I have wanted to get my hands on a Garand since I was a kid and after shooting my friends 1953 HRA M1 Garand I am definitely buying one. I don't have a lot of experience with rifles, but wow! Its such a nice shooting rifle, the sights are awesome and lets not forget the distinctive "ping" after that 8th round.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
aye mate;1628366 said:
Went to the range with a friend of mine who just bought his second M1 Garand. I have wanted to get my hands on a Garand since I was a kid and after shooting my friends 1953 HRA M1 Garand I am definitely buying one. I don't have a lot of experience with rifles, but wow! Its such a nice shooting rifle, the sights are awesome and lets not forget the distinctive "ping" after that 8th round.

Where did he find his? I've always been skeptical of buying used rifles online :/
Wes (WesPatt on here) and I found a WWII K-98 mouser for like $169, it wasn't in the best of shape but man did it look sweet. Plus bolt action is just FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.