The (old) Official Gun Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain

Sep 30, 2008
NM
^^^ Those are nice, but I dont know about the FTF/FTE.

Been havin fun with this one lately:
p1493827_1.jpg

Kimber 8400 Advanced Tactical chambered in 300WM.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Clueless;1492776 said:
I went to gander mountain yesterday and held a m&p 45....

MP45Black.jpg

The feel of the gun is good for the most part, handle is a little big to what i'm used to...feels solid, trigger isn't too heavy, easy to rack the slide, and size of the pistol isn't that cumbersome. Anybody here daily carry one of these pieces? Any ftf or fte with this pistol?

This is Dunckel's carry pistol, but in .40 S&W. I had the opportunity to shoot his when he was visiting Phoenix - it's very accurate, easy to shoot, and has well designed controls. I like this gun - the adjustable palm swell is a big plus to facilitate a natural point. I am seriously thinking about getting a .40 S&W compact version for concealed carry.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
^ Agreed. The M&P pistols as pictured are truly a point and shoot pistol. Very little in terms of "aiming" is needed to hit your target.

Anybody have a set of aftermarket grips for a Smith & Wesson model 36 Chief's Special square butt?

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
As a canuck i have such a hard time getting over the whol;e "concealed carry" thing lol. I canadaland if someone even see's you walking your rifle in its LOCKED case into your house, your bound to get a visit from the fuzz asking to see the weapon, your license, your gun safe, your ammo permit lol. Ask you where you were with your weapon lol.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
88guy;1495086 said:
As a canuck i have such a hard time getting over the whol;e "concealed carry" thing lol. I canadaland if someone even see's you walking your rifle in its LOCKED case into your house, your bound to get a visit from the fuzz asking to see the weapon, your license, your gun safe, your ammo permit lol. Ask you where you were with your weapon lol.

Hell I do exposed carry 1/2 the time. In a holster. On my belt.

Freedom baby! :biglaugh:

mkiii racer x

Dec 22, 2009
st louis
p1495263_1.jpg

CCW member lovin it wouldn't change it even if they (gov.) tried to make me but here are my babies........HI-POINT 9mm carbine...S&W. .38...S&W 40 sig......and SKS

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Supracentral;1495217 said:
Hell I do exposed carry 1/2 the time. In a holster. On my belt.

Freedom baby! :biglaugh:

That is legal for ANY resident of AZ - no CCW required ;) I do this on a regular basis myself, but business owners have the right to prohibit exposed carry on their premise.
A CCW is only for public concealed carry with few restrictions - with a CCW, you can carry in a business that prohibits exposed carry.

mkiii racer x

Dec 22, 2009
st louis
Here in missouri with the ccw its supposed to be concealed when carried and the only places u can't take it is gov/state buildings and schools other public places and buisness u can even if they have the sign posted that u can't. I heard that u can carry on the outside in some areas its jus up to that county.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
mkiii racer x;1495364 said:
Here in missouri with the ccw its supposed to be concealed when carried and the only places u can't take it is gov/state buildings and schools other public places and buisness u can even if they have the sign posted that u can't. I heard that u can carry on the outside in some areas its jus up to that county.

For Georgia it's simply a "Firearms License". Once you have one here, you can carry either way. Signs stating "no firearms allowed" have no legal weight here, and the only restrictions are government buildings, bars and a few other places.

Heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB0Pu-rvFjs

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
MDCmotorsports;1494803 said:
^ Agreed. The M&P pistols as pictured are truly a point and shoot pistol. Very little in terms of "aiming" is needed to hit your target.

Anybody have a set of aftermarket grips for a Smith & Wesson model 36 Chief's Special square butt?

Maybe when i get some extra cash and the wife's approval, a mp45 will be on my shoulder or belt..

88guy;1495086 said:

That's why i don't live in canadia

Dr Tweak

Came across this today and thought I would share it:

------------------------------

My old grandpa said to me “son, there comes a time in every man’s life when he stops bustin’ knuckles and starts bustin’ caps and usually it’s when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin’.”

I don’t carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don’t carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don’t carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m angry.
I carry a gun so that I don’t have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don’t carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don’t carry a gun because I’m a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don’t carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don’t carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don’t carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I’m too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin’.

…author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Last edited:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Dr Tweak, that is a very very badass writing on carrying. I couldn't agree more with everything it says. It amazes me just how much of a pansy ass society we've created. I've had to get my concealed carry permit just to prevent people from freaking out. Hell, I went over to my friends house this weekend and while I was waiting on my friend to come out his dad came out and said "what's that?" in a somewhat angry voice, pointing to my Stoeger Couger 8000 9mm that was on my hip, I said it's a 9mm. What he said next shocked me, he said "I don't allow guns on my property for the safety of my kids." Mind you I served in the U.S. Marine Corps and was pistol qualified on the Barretta M9 (which is almost identical to my Stoeger).

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Supracentral;1496535 said:
For Georgia it's simply a "Firearms License". Once you have one here, you can carry either way. Signs stating "no firearms allowed" have no legal weight here, and the only restrictions are government buildings, bars and a few other places.

As an update on this, there is legislation before the Georgia House of Representatives (GA HB 615) that will remove ALL restrictions on concealed carry except courthouses and prisons.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009_10/versions/hb615_LC_28_4596ER_a_2.htm

It also removes the Governor's ability to "suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of firearms during states of emergency."

As the actions of the government during Katrina showed, this power needs to be revoked. Denying citizens of their right to defend themselves when it is needed most is one of the most insane things that government can attempt to do.

For those that need a refresher course.

Picture this first elderly woman as your wife, your mother or your grandmother:

[video=youtube;-taU9d26wT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4[/video]

This is what happens when government feels that it can justify doing whatever the fuck it wants...

[video=youtube;sm5PC7z79-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm5PC7z79-8&NR[/video]

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Clueless;1492776 said:
I went to gander mountain yesterday and held a m&p 45....

MP45Black.jpg

The feel of the gun is good for the most part, handle is a little big to what i'm used to...feels solid, trigger isn't too heavy, easy to rack the slide, and size of the pistol isn't that cumbersome. Anybody here daily carry one of these pieces? Any ftf or fte with this pistol?

Shot the .40 cal M&P compact today for the 1st time:

SW M&P Compact.jpg

Put 50 rnds of 180gr FMC/TC at 1050 FPS through it...the 1st 20 rnds on the bottom target at 20'...just getting used to the feel of the gun. The next 20 rnds on the top target at 20', followed by 10 rnds on the top at 30'. You can see a bit more of a spread at the bottom at the longer range. The circles are 3.5" diameter...point of aim was the center cross and I did not adjust for where the bullets were hitting.

My impression: this handgun is a joy to shoot and very accurate. This gun was a rental and had zero done to it trigger or otherwise...accuracy out-of-the-box like this is very good. As mentioned earlier, the .40 full size I shot a couple months ago was just as good....the is no reason the .45 would not perform to the same standard.

The .40 M&P compact has a 10 rnd magazine...looks like I found my concealed carry weapon ;)

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
Haven't posted anything up in a while, so here's some stuff.

stg.jpg

MSAR StG-556 (Copied and improved Steyr AUG, 5.56x45mm/.223 Rem)
Nice little bullpup rifle, beautifully balanced (one-handed shooting easily possible once you get your arm used to the weight) with almost no felt recoil. Barrel changes in seconds, field stripping in under 10s once you get the takedown pin worn in. Mag changes take a little getting used to, but are almost as fast as an AR once you get the hang of it. Picked it up on Saturday, but only managed to put 20 rounds through it. Hoping to get to the range this week to see how she does.

r700s.jpg

My Remington 700 SPS-T- .308 Win. I've gotten half-inch, 3-round groups at 100, 3/4 inch 5-round groups on good days with decent ammo (Black Hills Match, 165gr BTHP). 4-12x Leupold Mk4 on the top. I don't think I've even really broken in the barrel yet (MAYBE 200 rounds since July), so I expect those groups to get better.

guns1o.jpg

Just a fun picture I took when my collection wasn't very serious... I think it was back in '07 when I first got my Supra. Actually, it must be, that's the only year I had my Bronco and Supra on the road at the same time. L to R:
Yugo M59/66 (SKS, 7.62x39mm), Mossberg 835 Slug (12 ga, 3.5" Magnum), old Japanese 20ga that my parents had around, Ruger 10/22 (.22LR obv), Winchester Model 70 w/ 4-16x Tasco on top (.243 Win), and finally a 1944 Mosin Nagant m44 carbine (7.62x54Rmm). Currently my arsenal is nearly triple the size that it was in that picture. Going to try to get a good picture of everything the next time we're all in the same place.

...I've spent too much money on things that go bang... if there is such a thing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
rakkasan;357895 said:
Nope, it's a Colt AR-15 Sporter LightWeight, more commonly known as a CAR-15A2. M4's are government only, and anyone who tells you likewise is SOF. It came with an 16" A1 barrel, but I switched it to an 11.5" full chromoly bull barrel w/ 5.5? flash suppressor.

I'm getting ready to buy a flat top receiver, an M4 barrel & a SIR A.R.M.S. #50. That way, I can swap the whole upper in a matter of seconds & have a completely different weapon.

Old, I know. When was it illegal, and when did it become legal? Meaning an AR style in 16 inch barrel. Part of the scary looking weapon ban of 1994? Or older than that?

I just bought (last summer) my M4 variant. RRA in 6.8 SPC. The round is a .270 Winchester in a rimless .30 necked down.

6.8%20magazine.JPG

6.8%20SPC%20loaded.JPG

I thought the flag would make a nice back drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.