Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG22

May 18, 2007
UK
Supracentral;1514503 said:
Damned accurate weapon. Very nice!

Thank you...

Yes very, load development for F-Class, shot at 100 yards, needless to say I settled on this load!

p1514531_1.jpg

Last edited:

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
My landlord just got 3 of these from a friend. What the hell is it? The back part of it has a clasp that locks down and opens up (for loading a cartridge?) and it has a pop-up range sight with the range of 50,75, and 100 yards (says yards on the bottom of the sight). Thanks all :) Oh yeah, the same friend also gave me 250 rounds of Wolf 115 grain 9mm Luger ammo :D

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I just finished building my new reloading bench:

attachment.php

I'm pretty happy with how it came out. The work surface is 8' x 4' and the top is made of 3/4" finish grade Birch.

I'll get the press, etc setup another time. I need to get some sleep tonight.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
So I applied for my LTC-A (lg cap concealed carry) feb 9th. The issuing officer assured me that I would get it (luckily I live in a relatively conservative town). Said it would be about four weeks. In anticipation I went browsing at bass pro shops today. The guy working there was very nice and allowed me to handle some of the guns (which he isnt supposed to until I have the card) I went in there to see if they stocked a beretta 92fs Inox, which I kind of had my heart set on. At the same time I was thinking about a sig p232 to carry for work/protection. Financially I cant afford both right now. We talked and he showed me some other guns. I came to the sig p239. Its big enough to have fun at the range (at 6'0" 265 lbs I think i may look silly with just the p232) and at the same time small enough to easily conceal. I saw the gun online but it didnt do anything for me but having it in my hand, it grew on me fast.
I can get it in .357sig or .40S&W with a 7rnd mag or 9mm with an 8rnd mag. Wanted to get some perspective from you guys as im rather unexperienced in the subject. Anthing to consider or other guns you guys think I should look at? Keep in mind I'm in mass and have limited selection.
Thanks in advance for your input,
Jeff

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
So I got a little excited and went shopping today. I picked up a Sig P239 9mm with siglites. The guy at the shop reccomended the 9mm over the .40SW because I have limited experience and the 9mm rnds are alot cheaper. Its MSRPd at $916 and I got it for $725 so I think I got a good deal. I'm very happy with it, and can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. The only complaint I have is its really not lefty friendly. I have no issues with using the decocking lever or the mag release with my index finger, however I cant really get the slide release using only my left hand. I've been waiting a long time to be able to make this post.:icon_bigg

P239 002..jpg
P239 001..jpg

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
lewis15498;1525664 said:
So I got a little excited and went shopping today. I picked up a Sig P239 9mm with siglites. The guy at the shop reccomended the 9mm over the .40SW because I have limited experience and the 9mm rnds are alot cheaper. Its MSRPd at $916 and I got it for $725 so I think I got a good deal. I'm very happy with it, and can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. The only complaint I have is its really not lefty friendly. I have no issues with using the decocking lever or the mag release with my index finger, however I cant really get the slide release using only my left hand. I've been waiting a long time to be able to make this post.:icon_bigg

View attachment 40578
View attachment 40579

I have the .40 version of the 239. Packs a serious punch. ;)

I've fired over 500 rounds through the barrel and NEVER had a single issue. Keep it clean and that thing should never fail.

Sig reliability ftw.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Supracentral;1525720 said:
It's hard to go wrong with a Sig - very high quality stuff. Enjoy!

suprarx7nut;1525732 said:
I have the .40 version of the 239. Packs a serious punch. ;)

I've fired over 500 rounds through the barrel and NEVER had a single issue. Keep it clean and that thing should never fail.

Sig reliability ftw.

Thanks guys, Im realy excited. I spent the extra dime so I wouldn't have to worry if its gonna work. Next time some punk tries to knife me at work, I wont have to fight with a milk crate lol.

geeohdee

Feb 28, 2010
las vegas
Figured I would post a crappy cell phone picture of my baby.

Mossberg 500 with top folding stock and shot shell holder.

p1527036_1.jpg

Later this year I plan to buy a pistol. I'm thinkin either a Sig .40 or a 1911 style .45.

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
So I just got back from a couple pawnshops, looking to buy my first gun and here's what I came up with.

First shop had a Ruger .22 Semi Auto, asking around $400.
ruger22standard.jpg

Second shop had a 1958 Scout .22 LR, asking $600

Couldn't really find a picture for the Scout. I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. The Ruger was VERY comfortable - it had rubber right-hand grips, had a good weight to it, etc. The Scout's grip was a little too small for my hand and it felt like I had to cram to get my pinky on it, however the guy at the gun store himself was the owner so it seems like the history is a little more, well, there. Also, from what I understand, the silver Scout was only made in 1958, so the value of it will only be climbing from there, so I could have a pretty nice piece of firearms history for a pretty low cost right now at the expense of comfort.

On a side note, the second store also had a matching 1958 (except black) Scout that had never even had the cylinder put in it, so of course, it has never been fired. However, I wouldn't really want that unless I could afford to just let it sit around (maybe by the end of my internship this summer), because right now I'm looking for something to actually put to use.

Also, I'm not married to either of these guns, they're just what are available and appealing to me right now. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
ret;1529910 said:
So I just got back from a couple pawnshops, looking to buy my first gun and here's what I came up with.

First shop had a Ruger .22 Semi Auto, asking around $400.
The ruger mkiii is a great gun for plinking/target shooting. It will likely be my next purchase. If youre looking for personal protection buy something else first. I bought the sig sauer p239 and love it, but that was expensive. Theres a lot of cheaper options out there that are easy to conceal especially if you consider a hammerless 38 revolver. I'm sure some of the more experienced gun guys here have some suggestions.

honestabe;1529935 said:
Why a .22? I'd go with a 9mm myself. Might I suggest the Stoeger Couger 8000. This is what I have and I love it. Easy take-down, 15+1 configuration, high quality, well balanced, and the perfect size for carrying concealed.

Because even 9mm gets pricey to shoot. If he is looking for personal protection he should buy something larger caliber first, but for target the mkiii is a great gun.

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
So I went to the gun show this weekend (stories that start like this never end well for the bank accounts involved...):
spas.jpg

spaslongshot.jpg

spascloseup.jpg

Franchi SPAS-12 (Sporting Purpose/Special Purpose Automatic Shotgun). They were made from 1976-2000, and were banned from import into the US in the mid-80s (because they looked scary. literally), It's a dual-mode 12 guage- pump action for lighter loads with the option of semi-automatic fire for full-power loads. Stocks are nearly impossible to find for it now, so I think I'm going to have to fab one.

Can't pass up anything banned, rare, and reasonably priced...

Status
Not open for further replies.